1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Two missing items

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Jarel, May 10, 2003.

1. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Checking the complete list of item that can be found in the game (the one made by Dan Simpson),I read about two fine objects that I never saw mentioned in any walkthrough,and that of course are not included in the first Baldur's Gate game (as for the Cloack of Balduran,purposely cancelled in the sequel but still creatable with the CLUAConsole):the first is in the SoA list,it's a +4 dagger called "Life-Stealer" (level draining ability,very useful for any thief);the second is in the ToB list,and is a ring of protection +3 (the highest level of protection coming from a non-armour equipment).
    Does anybody know if these items are collectable through the game without cheating?And if not,why are they listed with the others?
    Little mysteries grow... :hmm:

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Ring of Protection +3: Deck of Many Things Reward

Lifestealer +4: I've heard of this too, but no idea.

3. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

AFAIK the BG2 item list has all items from BG1 and TOTSC. That dagger is the dagger in Durlag's Tower Quest with the cult from ToTSC.

Don't quote me.

4. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

The Ring of Protection +3 can be obtained with the Deck of Many Things.

[So we've seen in Rastor's post. So why did you say it again? Read the posts before you reply.] -Tal

[Edit]
    My bad, must of jumped right to the bottom... damn illiteracy. :bang:

[ May 12, 2003, 09:40: Message edited by: Alex ]

5. Jarel Gems: 10/31

Thank you guys,that's almost all I needed to know(for details about the Life-stealer I'm goning to use the BG forum).
    And by the way,with this post I'm also testing my new displayed name(it's still me,the formerly named Nicolas80) :p

6. Braggart Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] The only Item I can't find in any Item - list
    and thus can't create with the CLUAConsole, is the ROBE OF VECNA!!!

I must have downloaded pretty much all the lists out there but it wasn't in any of them.

It can't just be because it's an item from the collectors edition, because there are other Items from that BG2 edition that do have an item code and can be created!!

I would like to hear from anyone who knows the Item code of the Robe of Vecna, as I need to create it for my new ToB game..

well, I guess......bye guys and gals :(

7. Jarel Gems: 10/31

The item code for the Robe of Vecna is wa2robe,as written in the Dan Simpson's item list (so you probably didn't search ALL of the lists ;) ),but I think that in order to create it you need the bonus merchants files installed.You can find both the list and the files in SP.

8. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Isn't the Robe of Vecna sold by Ribald in the adventurer's mart?

9. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yes, it is in the Adventurer's Mart but only after you either install the latest ToB patch or get the hack for the collector's edition items. You can find the hack here in SP.
    When you install either one two new merchants show up. One is in the Adventurer's Mart called Deidre (?) and Jorum in the Copper Coronet. They both sell interesting items.

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I can testify that you don't need the bonus merchant's files installed to get either the robe of Vecna or Balduran's Shield. I consoled them in just fine, then made a huge donation to even it out -- I'm too dumb to install files or mods :sosad:

11. Jarel Gems: 10/31

Well,I'm not very good in handling softwares or anything else that need to be installed,but the two bonus files are very easy to use(even for me...).In case you are interested:just put them in the folder called "override",when you will reload the areas the merchants will be there.
    I hope it is clear enough,I know what it means to be a victim of "informatic ignorance"... ;)

12. Vedran Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Lifestealer (dagg20) is actually carried by Artemis Entreri (who doesn't really appear in the game).

13. Jarel Gems: 10/31

I've looked for information about this Artemis on the forums,and discovered that he's a villain from Drizzt novels (which I never read,but I swear I'll do).What do you mean by saying that he does not really appear in the game?Maybe that he is here but you cannot interact with him?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.