1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

TV, Music, Radio.

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Sydax, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] So, wath's going on in your country?

- Music: Reggaeton, a style coming from Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti. Is very repetitive, kind of rasta-rap-reggae, a very sexy 'kind of lambada' dance and is popular among lating kids but, young spanish kids are taking this new sound.
    The Crazy Frog is 'a must'... like somebody said in a topic before, is very annoying, the 'ding-ding' song is played about 5 times every 2 minutes on tv: send a SMS and get the semi/real tone!!! or the screensaver! or ... dang, is everywhere!!! everybody is selling something about this litte thing.

- Radio: 2 or 3 radio stations play 80's music and the rest is about a tv guy here who is DJ so is all about this kind of 'house' music (like Axel F by Crazy Frog)

- TV: New for the summer: soups, from Mexio, Colombia and Venezuela, so the "send the SMS and get Pasion de Gabilanes' song" is next to the crazy frog; and of course we have almost 10 hours at day with what we call here "Pink press", because I really want to know what is the color of Paz Vega's new bikini...

Of course you see/hear none of this if you can pay 60 Euros for satelite television.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

TV - I don't watch much telly anymore, except for reruns of favorite shows <granny> from before you were born! </granny> :geezer: I'm surprised there isn't more news about the hockey strike ending.

Music/Radio - My 'classic rock' radio station K-ROCK has gone in the toilet. It was great in the beginning! All the old stuff from the 60s and 70s! Then, Sam Roberts was played. :shudder: Now they play 'classic pop' and new pop. The other stations aren't any better either. I'm scrounging for KISS songs! :( Also, the big thing is 'local music' aka Newfie-fied Irish folk songs. Bleech, it's all cr*p from Harbour Breton and I wish it'd go back to Nova Scotia.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Um - I couldn't tell you, I pay no attention. (Well, I do know that Crazy Frog is #1 in the charts, but that's not from watching it - it's from reading playlists looking for something good :p )

4. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The weird thing is that I don't watch tv or listen radio too much; but somehow I know exactly what's on; the only thing I love to watch is a tv show called Lost (about some survivors of a plane crash on an island), F1 and Moto GP, that's all.

5. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Music: Electronic, but Crazy Frog can go to the abyss and stay there.

Radio: NRK P3. The one big radio channel in Norway which focuses on great, new, rare music instead of only playing hitlist tunes.

TV: I watch the news some times.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.