1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Turning Undead in Firkraag Area/Spoilers

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Orkrist the Cleaver, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Well, I'm wrapping up CH 3 which means finishing all the other areas off, and I finally made it to the Firekraag area. My character is a Ranger/Cleric, lvls 9/12 respectively. So, in the first battle with the Vampiric Mists, I tried turning undead. They ran away and cornered themselves! It made me think of my Cleric in IWD! Then, later on in the first lvl of the dungeon, I came upon the room full of Vampires and Mummies. Turned undead again, they all ran away to the rear of the room. Fireball, fireball again, missle weapons, you get the picture. Awesome. So, how many lvls in this dungeon? I'll just check the walkthrough I guess. Just posting some good news.

2. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Wuhu! So simple... And then to think of the times I spend hours of strategic planning on how to kill a group of 5 vampires without the amulet of power or a cleric.......

3. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] Amulet of power? what is this amulet you speak of?

4. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

AFter the vampire area, there is a rather large maze with many a trap in, then you'll get ambushed but an adventuring band lke your own, then you'll battle to the death with an adamantine golem and two of his pals, and then you'll find you're nice host. OH yeah, and scrolls of protection from undead work wonders especially going through bhodis layer. Minsc - daystar/celestial fury.

Vampires? What vampires?? :D

5. Igneous Gems: 6/31

The amulet of power is the amulet you get from Aron Linvail after paying 15.000 to that shadow thief from the start of the game.

It has the following stats as far as I can remember:

Instant Negative plane protection (No level drain from vampires :D )
    5% magic resistance
    Casting speed increased by 1

Not usable by: Fighters / Thiefs etc

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Vamps are crap, I didn't need the daystar or the mace of disruption. ;) However, I did have trouble with Tanova... Her defense spells (protection from magic weapons) were quite annoying, especially since I couldn't cast Khelben's Warding Whip at the time.

7. Be VERY careful using scrolls of protection from undead in BG2. There is a bug I encountered using them when there is game-necessary dialog that needs to take place.

Basically, the undead can't see you, so they can't establish dialog, and if they can't, they don't die--such as when I beat the teeth off Bodhi only to have her stand there and rest and take 5 levels off me.

Be very careful using those scrolls.

bgp

8. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I don't think I ever got that amulet. The one I have gives 5% magic resistance, but thats it. It looks cool. I still get lvl drained with it, though.
    Also, how do you cast the spell with daystar. It never works with me. I clickon it and attack an enemy, and the attack just uses the weapon. What's up with that?

9. Igneous Gems: 6/31

You have to equip the sword and then click on the backpack icon. You get the option to use the spell then.

Hehe, I'm having a lot of simul posts today, but this one is won be me ;)

[This message has been edited by Igneous (edited April 18, 2001).]

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You have to use its spell from the special icon, It's the one with the bag on it. You'll also conduct all your ring, belt, gauntlet etc effects from there.
    After you find the icon for the sword's Sunray, just click it and stand still. Your character will cast the spell from the sword. Make sure you're near the creatures you want effected though, the spell has a limited range. ;)

Oh goodie, another simul post. :p

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited April 18, 2001).]

11. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] No wonder, I was trying to "attack" enemies with it. I thought it was like that Druid spell in IWD/HOW that sort of shoots out a burst of "sunlight".

12. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31

yup, lots of damage, +1000hp :D
    btw, does it work on liches?

13. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

It works d*mn well on liches, they are undead too!
    BTW, that amulet also gives you vocalise, so you can't be silenced --> Right on!

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My ultimate thief test for quickness and skill:

Go to the lich cave in the gate district, get the sword, identify it and use it on the lich and the creature it will have summoned then.

If you´re fast enough you´ll kill both of them with one sunray spell :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.