1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

TTT EE Review

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Picked up TTT EE and watched it last night. The extra 43 minutes of footage was excellent. While it does little to expand the story line itself, it does a great deal to expand upon interpersonal relationships. Specifically, the growing friendship between Legolas and Gimli, the relationship between Aragorn and Theoden, and the love interest between Aragorn and Theoden's niece (I can't believe I can't think of her name right now). We also see a lot more of the Ents, considerably more of Saruman, there is a scene that shows of Boromir's role in Gondor prior to joining the fellowship, and greater insight into Aragorn's role as Isildor's (sp?) heir, and the fact that Sauron and Saruman view this as a potential threat. Finally, there is additional interaction between Frodo and Smeagol.

The thing I enjoyed the most about the EE was that the new scenes and extended scenes seem to come in groups, and aren't evenly distributed throughout the movie. For example, towards the end of the movie there are four straight entirely new scenes. In the beginning of the movie there is a stretch where 7 out of 9 scenes are either new or extended.

I would recommend at least watching the EE (if you do not wish or cannot afford to purchase it) to anyone who enjoyed TTT as it was presented in the theater. It only adds to your appreciation of the movie.

Other people's opinions? (If you've seen it of course.)

[ November 19, 2003, 15:28: Message edited by: Aldeth the Foppish Idiot ]

2. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

I just bought the Collectors Extended Edition. I plan on spending all of my free time tomorrow and the day after watching this (that should be enough). The Collectors EE has 5 discs. :)

3. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Absolutely fantastic, must see viewing. The whole TT movie in the cinemas seemed somehow empty, and now the holes can be filled in the whole movie.

Just get it!

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] It is pretty awesome!!! So much so, that I even watched the appendices!!! The added scenes give a lot more depth to the story, and flesh out Eowyn & Faramir a little more.

And I still say, Gollum/Andy Serkis should have won an Oscar for his performance!!!

5. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I agree, if you only look what he did for all the scenes it's probably more than a few other actors combined.

And the famous schizo scene they actually used his facial expressions.

Further the EE is great, and I'm only talking about the appendices now. I still have to see the extende scenes.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I SO want it for Christmas.

I also want to fix Jen so I can actually watch it... the bloody ***** is refusing to let me watch my FotR EE. Bah.

Can'trt wait.

*glares at Jenova*

7. Haplo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The EE is great and I think it made the movie even better than it was. Oh, and did anyone see the hidden bonus of golem getting an MTV video award for best virtual performance. It is on disc 1. Go to the scene select page, highlight the very last scene on the disc and press "Down" to highlight a picture of the ring that appears and then press enter. It was hilarious. :D

[ November 27, 2003, 12:19: Message edited by: Isorn ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.