1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

TSA Fires Employee For "Casting Spell"

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Chandos the Red, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    This is quite amazing. I knew the USA was becoming more regressive by the moment, but the Middle-Ages must be next stopping point for the return to the "good old days."

Of course, there is more to the story, but any so-called managing director, who would hold an "investigation" for someone casting a spell, should be seriously examimed by someone [A doctor] who resides in the 21st Century.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41959553/ns/business-us_business/

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I cast Magic Missile! Whee!

Ragusa likes this.
  3. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Possibly your best post ever. :D

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Anyone remember Mathethais? He used to post here, very nice friendly guy. He also believed wholeheartedly in spells and demons and that it was a threat to good christians.

5. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hmm, I'd have thought religious Christians should be less worried about witches, not more. When you know God's on your side, what is there to fear from some pagan mumbo-jumbo?

Montresor likes this.
  6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Because it's the realisation that those christians who don't believe are at risk with no defense. There is also a lot of ritual and rites to defend against witchcraft and spells - not *just* "AHA! I HAS THE GOD!"

Also highlights the annoyance that americans tend to combine witchraft and wicca as interchangeable terms :rolleyes:

Then again, I'm just into that pagan mumbo-jumbo so maybe that doesn't count :p

7. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

One of my best friends is a practicing Wiccan. I never had a problem with her or her beliefs and practices. In fact, she was my "go to" girl when we worked together.

That said, this story sounds kind of off to me. While there appears to be a lot of ignorant crap being said about the woman and her beliefs, I also want to point out that maybe she's just a troublemaking pain in the arse. Lots of those in all religious and political flavours. The article makes her out to be a "poor victim" but I got the sense that maybe her religion isn't really why people didn't like her and didn't want to work with her.

8. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Religion as religion, it is all a bunch of silliness. Do not understand where this need to believe in all kinds of preposterous nonsense comes from.

9. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    Then maybe that is what she should have been fired for. Charging "workplace violence" as a result of casting a spell on someone's car is like something from the Salem Witch Trials [good thing she didn't have a horse that died].

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.