1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

True Happiness: Module Corruption

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Xaelifer, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Everyone knows about the huge module corruption bug that screws you over for hours of work, right? (if you don't, plan big important things, screw around with the toolset for about four hours, save, reload, and you will) Well, so far I've got about ten thousand "Uncorrupted...time...date" save files for my campaign, and spasmic bursts of buggy errors (not only with the toolset, but with the game) have occured for vague reasons. Well, as soon as my first seventeen hours of work were wiped away when I got that error - could not write to temp directory or whatever, the first three words I thought were these:

P O S

Does anyone happen to know what causes these phantasmic damnations yet? It is, insofar as has been reached, a dialogue problem. An even better question: Does Bioware work on weekends? Howabout Bethesda (they could kick up ten times the game with half the B.S., anyway)? Could a fix be out tomorrow? Or is there one already? Did they cheat us on Neverwinter's graphics, or what?

In case you need to know, there is a way to retrieve data you've lost - go to the nwn.bioware.com forums and search for 'module corruption' - you'll find it there if you haven't already. Or maybe I'm insane and you've already fixed it...

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Did these errors happen during and/or after any specific actions? I've been working with the toolset for almost a week now and haven't had any such issues. If might be that you are doing something different than I or it would be a hardware or OS issue for you. If doesn't really sound like hardware but why would it be happening on your system and no one else's?

P.S. are you running the newest patch?

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited July 01, 2002).]

3. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

Check out those other forums I mentioned - this is a major bug going around...like I said, I think it has to do with dialogue because that is what everyone works on before it becomes corrupt. Yes, I have the latest patch. Yours hasn't screwed up because you're a cheater. What OS are you running, by the way? I'd like to know which one, if any, is most stable.

4. Syrel Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] man this sux i was working on a conversation for an npc when it crashed.
    when ever i work on an npc it crashes.
    i can't make a module!! :cry:
    this happens everytime no matter what.

5. I have made multiply conversations and it hasn't crashed yet.

Oh well, maybe I'm just lucky ;)

I'm using Win2k.

[This message has been edited by TriLleX The Slayer (edited July 04, 2002).]

6. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Does anyone know if they fixed it in the 1.19 (I think) patch? I haven't crashed after I installed it, so perhaps I'm hematophically imbalanced.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, they haven't fixed it yet. It's not a problem everyone's having. Check the official boards, I think they're still gathering corrupted modules to figure out what's wrong.

8. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] I'm also running Win2k. I haven't had any problem but I haven't done any conversations yet either. If thing start crashing you know when I start having any posts.

9. Capt. Tripps Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I managed to corrupt my first module today doing NPC dialogues so it wasn't corrected in the 1.19 patch. At least not for Win98SE.

10. monkey Gems: 6/31

I've got WinXP and twice when I've finished writing a conversation it has thrown up an error message. The first time I assumed everything was corrupted because of the things I'd read about corruption but the second time I just cancelled, saved, and tried runnig the module and it all seemed fine.

11. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] I started adding in my conversations last night and didn't have any problems. Do you get the error in regular conversation tress or in ones with lots of scripting or both? I hope it has something to due with OS but since Win2K is a lot like XP I guess I'm not out of the woods yet.

12. monkey Gems: 6/31

I can't remember now but they weren't big conversations and there was only very simple scripting - I think one even happened while I was following the Bioware tutorial.

I very much doubt its an OS thing either.

13. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

I recently explored possible options after a module corruption, sought the plague, you know - by the way, apparently there are two kinds: module corruption error message "Your module may be corrupted" and "can't write to Temp0 directory" while loading, although the module still works in the game (perhaps they're the same thing). I have had only one module corruption, but millions of temp0 directories problems - and I've got tons of dialogue in my module.

For about a day I was only editing physical areas and objects and such, encounters, sounds, you name it - no dialogue, just places. When I started making dialogue, yep, sure enough, problems again. They didn't happen till I had scripts inside the dialogue, though.

I discovered that, once, the corrupted files it deleted when I 'fixed' it (you simply retrieve all working files while the program is running) were scripts within conversations made by the script wizard - oddly, I've never had these errors, even when editing conversations, without having input variable-changing, item-giving, or skill-checking scripts into the dialogue. I also made a few characters sit on chairs by using animation scripts. So beware - save before making any kind of dialogue. I seriously hope Bioware chooses to release another patch or a fix or something!

14. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Just to let you all know that NWN has a new patch v1.20. This one fixes the issue with the toolset. So no need to cry over problem with all those mods you have worked so hard on.

15. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Voltric, got 1.20 got corupt, not got 5 hours work :'(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.