1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tribunal, when?

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by chevalier, Mar 20, 2006.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    When does it make the most sense to tackle Tribunal? Granted, not at the beginning or in mid-game when you aren't powerful enough and don't know all that much. But is it better to wait until the end or to do it before completing the main quest? Please avoid spoilers as much as possible. ;)

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Tribunal is easier than the main quest. If you can beat the assassins that use glass jinkblades with ease, you shouldn't have too much trouble with it. I beat it at level 14 I think, and I left it much later than I needed to. That said, there's one quest that's properly hard, but that's near the end, and is very do-able.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hmm... Since the first lunatic with a daedric wakizashi showed up, I sort of pwn everything... Sold some previous expensive weapon for ebony tower shield and pauldrons in Ghostgate and all. Then I acquired the Clavicus Vile helm and recently Lord's Mail from my predecessor of blessed memory. Plus Chrysamere, the 1-70 sword (skill 100 but that's been since well before level 20 and I'm 24 now IIRC). Guess I should pwn everything then... I could use some lower half of a decent armour, be it glass or ebony/daedric (dwemer boots and imperial steel greaves for me... even glass gives more with my current skills), but I have about 160 AC as it is. Guess I should probably still be deemed Nerevarine by at least one tribe or Hortator of at least one house, shouldn't I? I'm way behind on the main quest. Vivec Informants now.

[ March 20, 2006, 23:02: Message edited by: chevalier ]

4. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

If you haven't joined a Great House yet, there's a nice pair of Daedric Greaves as part of a Telvanni quest. To help make up for the weight, they're also constant effect 50 points feather. Other than that, the game's kind of skinny when it comes to good greaves.

Same is true with pauldrons. The best I've been able to find are ebony, and somehow I've managed to lose them. Of course, there's a full set of Deadric armor on the wizard in Tel Fyr...but it wouldn't be in your best interests to taunt him into a fight just for his armor. ;)

As a result, I've ended up with a bizarre mishmash of armor...Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw, Orcish Pauldrons, Dragonbone Cuirasse, Daedric Greaves, one Daedric glove on one arm and a Ebony bracer on the other, Boots of the Apostle, Drake's pride robe, Mara's shirt, a Deadric katana that I enchanted with 75 pts of fire damage and an ebony tower shield that holds a constant effect 30+pts of strength boost.

I look like I do all my shopping at yard sales :p .

5. Grey Magistrate Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You should wear ebony armor instead of daedric. Sure, daedric is more powerful, but ebony is just so much cooler looking!

Besides, in the Tribunal zone, there's a fellow there that will craft ebony armor for you. Fill out your wardrobe with his help.

6. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Many of the monsters in Tribunal, including the assassins that ultimately lead you to the Tribunal section of the game, are level-based. Nevertheless, I wouldn't recommend going there until you're level 10 or so. Twenty might be an even safer bet.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.