1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tribunal rocks

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by chevalier, Jul 26, 2006.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Totally different feel from basic Morrowind. Mournhold is quite an epic elven city. Perhaps the lack of factions to join is something that I might wish to be different, but perhaps even not... After all, the different questing scheme contributes to the difference from the basic game. I like the graphics and music and all. Seems better than in the basic game but I'm not sure. Maybe just nicer, more climatic.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I guess I never really appreciated Mournhold because I have the Game of the year Edition for the X-biox which has both expansions built in. ANd the only time I went to Mournhold was to beat on the Dark Brotherhood. I may be due for another trip. I am below 50k septims and have a bunck of Daedric stuff and other expensive goodies taking up space in my hideout in Balmora...

3. chevalier

Media:
    I used to sell that stuff to Creeper or Crawler or whatever the name of the scamp in Caldera. Had to sell him low-value stuff first, so I could exchange the more costly stuff for cash and other items. Then I would wait 24 hours and sell him the low-value items. Etc etc. You can do the same with regular merchants, but it's tricky: it may either be less profitable (because you get less for stuff)... or more (because you get charged less than the value for what you take in exchange for big stuff), and that way, your Mercantile skill grows, for better prices in the future. In Mournhold, one merchant has 8K and offers good prices, so I go to that guy for such things.

4. Gnarfflinger

I have the X-box version, and I don't think the Scamp is in Caldera. There is that one Smith in Mournhold that has 10K, and the one guy in the Fighter's guild in Vivec has 4K, so I can offload my Shardblades and Viperblades now that I have better swords (Ebony Shortsword that does a butt load of Frost damage, some nice, enchanted Dwenmer Short Swords, an Ebony Longsword with Lightning damage).

5. chevalier

Media:
    The scamp is in some orc house in Caldera, on the first floor. Hard to find, easy to miss. ;) There's also the mudcrab merchant but I don't feel like going there much. Besides, with the right Mercantile, I believe you can make more in normal shops. It's true they buy for less, but they also sell for less, so you can sell to the same merchant for more than you spent buying it in the first place.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Ghorak Manor, on the second floor, actually. Good for early game when you don't have good Mercantile, Personality, or Speechcraft (for Disposition raising), but I've found that he's not as good as a humanoid merchant once you do get good at those things.
    Indeed. And it's quite a stinky limburger. I could get 2500 gold off of Alusaron, in the Foreign Quarter Plaza in Vivec, every day if I wanted to, just by buying and re-selling 2 Dwarven Claymores I've previously sold him. (I'm not sure if he has 2500 prior to stealing that contract for him, but he does have it afterwards.)

7. chevalier

Media:
    Well, Mercantile is one of my majors (or minors, I can't recall) and I'm on level 48 now, having one other attribute at 99 and luck at 69 etc, so I generally welcome the points I can get in that skill because it's one of the few ways of getting more HP.

8. Gnarfflinger

Thanks. I have some good stuff to off load which I doubt I'll ever use...

9. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

don't forget to sell stuff to the museum.i made lots of cash doing that.i had expensive stuff laying all over the mages guild in balmora.i sold lots for 30,000 a piece to the museum.and my good friend ajera at the mages guild told me where to find 2 other treasure items to sell

10. Gnarfflinger

I remember getting some pricey Ebony equipment from fighting Daedric Cultists. If there's a Museum in Mournhold that will buy it, Then I could cash in...

11. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

No, the Museum only accepts unique artifacts. However, there is someone in Mournhold with 10K in barter gold, so you could probably sell a fair bit there.

12. Gnarfflinger

I think I did find her in one game and bribed her well.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Tribunal rocks?

Sorry to disagree, but Tribunal was SO freaking boring I never finished it.

Personally, I've enjoyed Bloodmoon a lot. Those new Snow Wolf/Snow Bear armors and the Ice gear was freaking sweet - I always take Medium Armor just for the Ice Armor.

The choice of becoming a Werewolf and opening a second quest path was a pretty darn refreshing change.

Sorry, but Tribunal sucks.

14. Gnarfflinger

I liked the Dark Brotherhood armour for my Light armour users. And to get a complete set at level 6 or 7? Amazing!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.