1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Treasure in Amkethran Graveyard/Crypt

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by fuoco, Aug 14, 2001.

1. fuoco Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I killed the lich but I can't open the casket in the middle of the room without a special key. can i find this key later on as the story advances? I searched the body of the lich and i killed all the elements the were conjured by activating the respectives triggers.. but no key. I thought it was kinda strange.

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Are you talking about the door in the center of the north wall? If so, you don't need to get through there yet, and may never need to. The key to the door can be had at a later time depending on what path you choose.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited August 14, 2001).]

3. fuoco Gems: 3/31

thanks bta, u've answered wot i wanted to know most succinctly without spoiling the story. I thought there was bug that the lich didn't drop a key. :)

4. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Feel free to spoil the story...I'd love to know where that key is.

5. Creslyn Gems: 3/31

***SPOILER*** regarding where you find the key to the locked door in the liches cave.

On top of the cliff where you speak to the merchant who tells you about the lich who stole his daughters soul, there is another house with two people in it. They are there to exact revenge on Balthazar but if you tell them that you are going after him also they will give you the key to the door in the liches cave (I cant remember if you have to kill the lich first, or if they just give you the key anyway).
    BTW there is another way to enter the monastary that doesnt involve going in through the cave :)

[This message has been edited by Creslyn (edited August 26, 2001).]

6. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Correct. After completing Abazigal and Sendai's enclaves, you must return to Amkethran. One way to the monastery is through the graveyard, and the other...(spoiler)
    ...is talking to Saemon Havarian in the smuggler's cave. He will get you inside the gates, but that's as far as he'll go. Just like him, actually. You'll have to deal with a few monks, then you're in.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.