1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Traps in Cloakwood

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by DrFaust, Sep 13, 2001.

1. DrFaust Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Are the web traps in Cloakwood randomly placed? I've been trying to get through the second area for a couple days now and it seems I keep setting off traps I didn't remember from the previous time and Imoen failed to catch.

So is it the game, or just my own shoddy memory?

Faust

2. Silverblade Guest

It is your shoddy memory, because all the traps are in the same place every time.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

[​IMG] The traps are not random. Indeed they are very hard to detect.... When your thief doesn't detect the traps, you can use the 2nd level Priest spell Find Traps.

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Here is an annoying spoiler/tip :evil:

Before entering the wood, make sure you have at least a thief cos they can disarm traps and detect them all day long without forgetting how too like Clerics :D

Anyway, also make sure that your thief has a high % at finding/disarming traps. That makes one journey easier and always put him/her in Find traps mode...just a simple but annoying tip that i would get pissed off at if someone told this to me because it is patronizing. I don't mean to ... :heh:

5. DrFaust Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Nah, it's not annoying.

It just seemed like the traps were moving around because Imoen wouldn't always find them, even when I had her taking lots of little steps to increase the chances of finding one. Even when *I* knew where they were, she didn't. Now that's annoying.

Faust

6. Silverblade Guest

Find traps is the most important ability of a thief. Just make sure it is at 100%. If it is at 100% just count till ten and then you know if there is or isn't a trap.

7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

[​IMG] now THAT is an annoying solution :)

Try to do that when you are walking on the street and look how soon you will be bored: Walk 10 meters, stop and count till ten, walk 10 meters, stop and count till ten, etc.

You will be crazy within 10 minuts.

8. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Anoying perhaps but then again would you rater be dead or crazy. As it is the first when my thief levels up I place all of the points in open locks and detect traps.

Btw, is it detect traps or open locks that determins wther or not you are secsessful at disarming a trap?

9. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] It's the detect traps skill that is also used to disarm traps. In AD&D the full skill name was find and remove traps.

10. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

there is one really annoying trap situated right at the beginning of this map in the narrow pass which casts web.
    The problem is that sometimes you have spiders there as well.
    Sword spiders and web victims do not mix well!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.