1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trailers

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Lazy Bonzo, Jul 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] When i got bg1 or icewind dale (can't remember which) there was a trailer for Tormnet. The trailer showed vhailor and nordom both in movies as well as the lady of pain kinda parading through a sigil street and also a massive giant along with an exploding skeletonb. I don't whether i missed something in my 2 times through torment but i never saw any of these. So am i missing something or was the trailer just misleading. I am not complaining that the game was bad because it isn't Torment Rocks!

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited July 31, 2001).]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Trailers often show stuff that gets cut out in the end, or is made specifically for that promotion. It's also made months before the game is complete, so there you go.

But as far is I know, (mostly) everything from that trailer is also in the game. You probably just missed some stuff...

3. Beto Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If you went through twice and still missed stuff, I know I'm in bad shape. A friend of mine played through several times and asked me how my game ended. Once I told him, he just smiled and said " play it again, I won't ruin it for you " :p

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Thats another reason to love the game, so many ways to finish it, as well as so many ways to play it :).
    I love this game :).

5. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Well, I haven't played PS:T yet except for just checking it out a bit. I'm burned out on RPGs and have a lot of gaming to catch up on, so I'm working on Descent: The Great War and Freespace and Echelon. Anyway, when I first bought BG1 I saw the PS:T trailer, and it was awesome, great music, cool visuals. Maybe I'm weird, but sometimes I just watch the trailer!

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Orkrist, git yer butt to nearest shop and buy PT! NOW, I say!

You won't?! Gimme that cleaver - it'll teach you a lesson... *evil grin*

Echelon, geez... :rolleyes: This world is coming apart...

7. Beto Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Just cleared out my saves, going in again! :D

8. bongo tjockskalle Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Just cleared ot my entire HD !

well, this time Im going to finish it.
    (after that fourier exam anyway, urkh! :()

crilloan

9. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Extremist-I've got PS:t, I got it for 5 bucks on ebay with the box in mint condition, literature, everything! I just played it for a bit. Like I say, I'm burned out on the CRPGs, I'll get to it eventually...

10. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] If this stuff is still there Tal then when are vhailor and nordom in there own full screen movies. When does a giant stand tall above a forest. When do u see a skeleton explode. All these were movies and not gameplay videos. So explain that tal because i've seen all the movies included in the game. Also the trailer was the only advertising i ever saw for Ps:t so i can understand wat people are saying about bad marketing.

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 11, 2001).]

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Did you see the "or is made specifically for that promotion" line?

And the "stuff that gets cut out in the end" one?

There were a couple of Torment trailers and each was different than the other, so it also depends on which one you were looking at.

12. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I've only seen the trailer form bg1 and i don't know which one that is.
    Why is the word gameplay now a link in my previous post?

It has also just happened in this post. CAn someone plz explain.

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 11, 2001).]

13. SparkTheGreat Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I agree with lazy bonzo... lots..

For the duration of Planescape: Torment I did not manage to find any giant stone men which was very dissapointing.

Bonzo RULES!!

Spark

14. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Thank you for that vote of confidence and agreeance spark. So the question is where is the Giant 'stone?' man, where are the full screen movies (not gameplay) of vhailor, nordom, ignus, lady of pain, where are the running herds of soleimon(sp) ?? Where? Where?

the TRUTH is out THERE.....

OR is it?...

Welcome to the Boards Spark the Great.

[This message has been edited by Lazy Bonzo (edited August 16, 2001).]

15. Ipsian Gems: 1/31

Another post on a topic possibly forgotten :)

I personally thought the big stone man thing looked like something out of Black and White. Wouldn't you agree Spark? ;)

16. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Can we please stick on if not the topic then at least the right game. Thank you. :D

17. Ipsian Gems: 1/31

not talking about a game its a trailer u asked for the opinions and thats mine so ner

(sorry sirs it had to be said)

18. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Mr.Ipsian i am talking about the trailer relating to torment not black and white.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.