1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Trademeet Part 2

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Register, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

((As we reached too many posts, here's the new topic. Let's roll!))

Ygor shuddered and turned towards his latest questioneer.

"Athkatla is now completely controlled by what remains of the Cowled Wizards. The Inquisition have become corrupted and criminal, and only four of the ten leaders are left so they now lash our paranoidically at anyone that might or might not pose a threat. Not a good place to be right now, I reckon."

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "The Temple of Lathander? How is it? Has it been harmed?"

Tania is visibly shaken by the news of what has happened in Athkatla.

3. Register Gems: 29/31

"Some of the clerics there were accused for illegal witchcraft recently, and as such were burned on the stake for their crimes. Since the relative of this friend of yours here" --Ygor nodded slightly towards where Irenicus' stood, deciding not to mention that he himself were the one in charge of these trials-- "destroyed the asylum and slaughtered everyone left inside leaving the Cowled Wizards and their Inquisition without a place to place these deviant spellcasters, they were forced to turn to executing all who were accused and tried guilty."

He looked into the ground and continued in a sincere voice.

"I am sorry, I am sure the priests of Lathander ment no harm, but what is done is done, and nothing we can do can bring them back. It has been too long."

[ January 18, 2007, 21:59: Message edited by: Register ]

4. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Dalamar didn't pay much attention to the man. Ewwithral wil probably agree to help the city, and he go along because it meant he could kill soem people. He didn't care about the ethics, he'd leave that up to Elwithral. His ear twitched, and he snapped his eyes up to the ceiling, he saw a shadow glide out a high window. "Better not be another bloody imp." He thought vehemently, but he sensed power that was greater than an imp. He shrugged, if it was danger he'd face it when it came around. He didn't feel like chasing anything at the moment. He entertained himself by sorting through the barbarian's things. He didn't really want anything, he was rich enough: he owned an estate in Athkatla, a villa outside Baldurs Gate, a large farming complex near Waterdeep, and he owned some small stores in the Ten Towns. Therefore he merely shifted through his things, ignored the money purse and took out his knife. They needed something to bring back, to proove they killed the beast. And nothing sends a better message than a head on a pike. With deadly percision, he decapitated the fellow, magically stored it in a globe so it didn't rot. And popped it into his bag of holding. He wiped his blade on the chap's jerkin, sheathed his knife. They were still talking, so he plopped down on the throne, and pulled out a tome, called 1000 Ways of Torture. He didn't care what anyone said, it was a good read.

5. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Well, I'm glad I didn't decide to go back to Athkatla for the spring fashion show. I never did like those Cowled Wizards." Galliel looked at the Templar Knight. "So, are you going to go after us if we use arcane magic, or can we use all our given talents without you getting worked up about a spell or two?"

6. Register Gems: 29/31

"I am no longer with the Cowled Wizards, I have left that order due to the corruption and lies they represent. I am no opponent of the Arcane, only those that use it to break the laws of Athkatla. Therefore, no, I will not try to stop any of you from doing this, not in any way. As I said, I would support you in whatever quest you have taken upon yourself, and that I still hold, if you decide to agree to my proposal."

[ January 19, 2007, 01:07: Message edited by: Register ]

7. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

"Hm." Elwithral pondered the man's stories and claims, his story seemed true enough. If it were anyone else, the plane-touched elf would simply open the mind of the subject, but in this case, the man's resistance was too great. "So, Wytchbane, what is this proposal you wish to present me with?"

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Flying low over the fort, Septh spoted some some guards that had obviously escaped the attentions of the Adventure group fleeing into the forest. It would ruin his plans if they escaped and reported to the other members of the Veatcys.

Silently landing behind the last of the fleeing men he inhaled deeply, trigered a reaction in his lungs and exhaled a cloud of shadows that engulfed the men. The shadows dissapiated quickly but they had done there work, and the man lay dead or dying, there souls drained of energy. Septh smiled, drew his rapier and begain to finish off those that still clung to life.

9. Register Gems: 29/31

"Oh, but that is not part of the agreement. The agreement is that I follow your lead, while you listen to my proposal AFTER we are done with whatever you are doing. I wish not for you to consider this during your journey, taking your minds off what you really need to keep them, the target at hand."

10. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"That sounds good to me," Galliel said. "Hey, Elwithral, what are we doing anyway? They had these cool drinks on the island, Malooa Walliileas, really good, but they kind of played havoc on my memory."

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Tania had stepped back from the one Elwithral called Witchbane feeling ill at ease.

She spoke very coldly, "The clerics of Lathander have never broken any laws. They are committed to the saving of the land and many have freely given of their lives to this end. I do not like it that this lord does not wish to tell us of his need. We are quite capable of doing what needs to be done now without fretting about what needs to be done some time in the future."

Sending a mind thought to Elwithral Maybe I could get him to go swimming with me. That might loosen his tongue... if he survived.

12. Register Gems: 29/31

"Alright then miss, I will mention the proposal. I do not, however, see the reason why I must, as none of you would be required to accept this suggestion when I was about to make it, only that you would listen."

He takes out a small insigna that is stuck to his necklace, a hammer with an eye where the head meet the shaft.

"As you apparently know, I used to be part of this Inquisition. I thought it was a noble thing we did, cleansing the streets from dangerous vigilants and ensuring the safety of the citizens. I was damn good at it, too. I rose through the ranks quite quickly, and soon I became the head of my own company within the Cowled Wizards."

He closes his eyes as he puts back the insigna inside his armor, muttering a few unintelligble words.

"However, power corrupts, even within the Cowled Wizards. They started to go after people that may had been innocent, and slaughtered many, including some of the priests and deacons of Lathander. Do not think I do not know this pain, I lost my master and my friends when the church of Tempus was put to the torch. I was forced to flee the city with my friends, but only I made it out in one piece."

"I swore to take revenge, and that is what was planning to do. However, my head is now wanted, so I have a tough time finding reliable mercenaries. Then, I heard of you few, you strong. I heard of Irenicus, and since I've heard of his potent bloodline before, I knew I had a potential formidable ally here. I wished for you to aid me in this struggle, aid me in bringing down the remaining Cowled Wizards, taking them to the knees and execute them for the heresy and oppression they have put upon my people!"

He starts to gasp and remove his helmet again.

"I apologize, it was not ment for me to burst out upon you, sister Tania, like that. It is just that it is bad memories of mine, and it infuriates me every time I try to think of it. But, that is no excuse to lash out at you, as you had a perfectly reasonable request. I know I would not have trusted myself if I were in a position such as yours."

He takes out a small pouch and downs the contents within and makes a grimace. It is obvious he is past his prime days, and is now becoming far too old to continue like he does.

"However, sister Tania, do not mistake me for a Lord. I am far below that in the heriarchy of this society. I am merely a warrior, a fallen Knight of Justice."

13. Nakia

Media:
    "I, too, must apologize. I fear my dual nature makes me jump at shadows and question much around me." She holds out her hand stepping towards Ygor.

"Let us make peace and if you need some healing I may be able to help. Your cause sounds good to me."

14. Scot

"Yeah, I'm game too, maybe that Denearis Hoblefoot is still among the Cowled Wizards. I owe him a knife in the back for sure, wicked bastard that he is, or was. Bound to be some good loot in a venture like that too." Galliel looks quite happy imagining what may come.

15. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Dalamars ears pickd up at the word, "loot". He put down the tome and wlaked up to this Witchbane.

"We get to kill as many Cowled wizards as we want? And if we get to keep the stuff of everyone we find? If so then I am in."

Dalamar didn't care about money or gold, but he couldn't get enough magical items or weapons, he'd probably never use them but he liked to hoard. Kinda like a dragon, but he had a bed of feathers, not gold. He just kept his magical items around him, and awe over his collection. Already it was quite vast, even with his own bank vault. He had every item listed, and he knew which everyone did, and the which were more powerful and the such. Dalamar twidled his thumbs with excitement for the expected loot. He silently giggled, too low for the others to hear, but giggle he did.

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral thought, staring off into space, while the others talked to the newcomer and amongst themselves. Have we become as low as simple mercenaries? I thought people thought of us in a different light than simply mercenaries or brigands. Oh well, this Wytchbane seems to think that we are. No matter.

Elwithral nodded at the wizard slayer and answered, "I will participate in your quest Ygor, but know this; we are not your mercenaries, nor are we your employees. The quest we are currently on could take months, so we shall take a detour from our route to go on your quest, young one." Elwithral paused, "Is this satisfactory?"

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    "...we shall take a detour from our route to go on your quest, young one."

Siting on the roof of the keep, Septh sighed. If they deviated from their course then he wouldn't be able to rely on them to create a smokescreen.

How in the Nine Hells was he suppost to descover how the Veatcys were going to obtain Divinity without something as a destraction?

"Oh well, looks like I'll have to introduce myself to them after all. Offering my services will at least speed up there current quest, and perhaps these Cowled Wizards have some items of an arcane nature."

He launched into the air, spun around and came in through the window feet first, dispelling the shroud of darkness at the same. He landed silently, but that didn't stop him being met with drawn weapons.
    Refelecting on the situation, Septh relised that he could have handled his entry better.

18. Register Gems: 29/31

Ygor smiles as he bows and kiss Tania's hand, and turns to Irenicus as he stand up.

"It is a deal then, and I am glad that you wish to partake this journey first, even though it is not neccessary. And yes, you are not hirelings or my employees. If anything, it is the reversed. I appreciate that you all wish to help me and my people, I really do."

He turns to the newcomer through the window with drawn axes and quickly don his helmet, preparing for a battle.

19. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Elwithral blocked he and his friends' minds from the intruder, and pryed into it's thoughts. A half shadow dragon, half.. what's this? A drow half dragon? This was a rare site indeed. The name, he pryed further, Septh Na'sith. The name rang a bell in Elwithral's ancient mind.

"Septh Na'sith; how wonderful to meet you once again! However, you most likely do not remember the first time we met."

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Septh frowned at the Asimar, where had he seen him before?

"You have one up on me. You have the look of one who has spent time in the underdark, and I do feel as though I know you, but I can't recall a meeting.

Regardless, I do apoligise for bursting in like that but it appears that I too have a propisition for you. I do ask that you hear it out before stabing me, as I'm sure one of you plans to do within the next 30 seconds or so."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.