1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tracking down ancient manuals

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by SlickRCBD, May 11, 2021.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    My mother just knocked her clock/radio off the nightstand and it broke.
    We have grandpa's alarm clock in the basement, but it hasn't been used since 1999. He labeled everything and he got it right before Halloween in 1989.
    It's a "Sunbeam model 887-05". I've searched for "Sunbeam 887-05 manual" on Google and Bing and only found places selling them used such as this link with pics:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1745582417...-53200-19255-0&campid=5338722076&toolid=10001

I can't figure out why the time keeps flashing even though I set it. I know I used to know how to use this thing, I know grandpa had me read the manual over 30 years ago, but we can't find the manual, it's not in the box grandpa kept all the other manuals that we took from his house (and he was very organized). The problem is that we haven't missed the manual since we cleaned out his house in 1999 as we didn't need it. We just kept it around as a spare.

Any idea were to find the manual, or if somebody is familiar with that model, can give me a rundown on why the time is flashing and how to properly set the time and alarm?
    Also can the alarm volume be changed? I don't see any controls but it seemed pretty quiet to me.
    I set the time by moving the leaver to "time set" and used the "fast" and "slow" buttons until the correct time was set. Moving the leaver to the middle and the time keeps flashing. I set the alarm the same way, but moving the leaver on the back to "alarm set". Also using the "alarm on" and "alarm off" buttons, but again, the time is flashing and I don't know why.

At this point I'm going to grab my late father's clock/radio from his room (now a guest room) and stick grandpa's in dad's room. Dad's is actually a few years older, but at least it is identical to mine (that was given to me in 2nd grade "because you're old enough to get yourself up and ready for school".

The real ironic thing? Mom had the most modern clock/radio, purchased some time in the mid-90's after her analog alarm clock broke, and yet it was the first to break.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.