1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Top three favorite movie villains

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Erebus, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yeah, the title pretty much explains it, my choices are:

-Dracula from "Blade Trinity": he shape shifts and kills everybody because he can, and wants to. Oh and he threw a baby of a building.

-The hairy guy from "Arthur": he commands a large Saxon army and rapes and pillages more or less the entire movie.

-Agent Smith from the Matrix trilogy: he can multiply himself and he can fly. he's also supposed to represent Satan or the antichrist or whatever.

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

-The Ringwraiths from Lord of the Rings: They look cool and the action sequences with them are incredible.

-Darth Vader from Star Wars: I love the armor and the voice.

-Flagg from The Stand: Although not as cool as he was in the book, he is still fairly badass.

3. Midwinter Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

In no particular order:

Hannibal Lecter in 'Silence of the Lambs' (I didn't think 'Red Dragon' or 'Hannibal' were that good) - the ultimate in chilling, empathy-free, calculating evil.

Frank'n'Furter (is he really a villain, though? Perhaps Riff's the real villain) from 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' - words fail me. Superb.

The Emperor Commodus from 'Gladiator' - murderous, incestuous, deceiving, and yet still oddly groovy in an evil sort of way.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    King Longshanks from 'Braveheart' - watch the movie and you'll see what I mean.

The "Deadites" from 'Army of Darkness' - 'nuff said! :p

Sadam from the 'Hot Shots part Dux' - So evil, yet so funny! :thumb: :rolling:

5. Drugar

Drugar And now... we wait! Veteran

Media:
    Darth Vader from Star Wars - same reasons as Rednik mentioned

Tommy DeVito from Goodfellas - even thought he's one of the good guys from the perspective in which Goodfellas was made, he's still a gangster, thus a villain. Everything about that movie is brilliant, but especially Tommy DeVito, played by Joe Pesci.

Pinhead from the Hellraiser films - just look and listen to him...

6. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Kevin Spacey's character in "Seven". He has the coolest dialog.

Sadako in Ringu. She scared the *bleep* out of me.

Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern. They were the "Wet Bandits" in Home Alone. They were really funny in the first movie.

:D

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I can only vote for Darth Vader since I haven't been following the movie-scene for years. Ask about "Top-3 Game Villains" and I might have a bit longer list. :cool:

8. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sauron - Hey, my obsession with the books will never die.

Emperor Palpatine - Much as I love Darth Vader, the Emperor conveys a more subtle and no less menacing aura, IMHO.

Alien Queen - This savage and ruthless beast was what made the Aliens movie an immortal classic for me.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Rothbart from The Swan Princess - that guy is an amazing (and singing!) bad guy :)

Gaston from Beauty and the Beast - Goes without saying, no? Arrogance is a wonderful thing :)

Jaffar from Aladdin - because evil voice overs don't get much more evil than that :)

:)

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You've got to be kidding me...your top 3 villains are from Disney cartoon movies?!?! :rolleyes:

Although, I must say, when Rothbart turns in to 'The Great Animal', he's pretty cool. Disney wasn't off the track too far to include a demon-like monster in one of their movies! :rolling:

11. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Well, maybe they're not all exactly villains, but I think these deserve at least honorary mentions:

Don Vito Corleone in "The Godfather": honorable and even just in a sort of a way, but with very few scruples when he wants something done... and the "offer he can't refuse" bit was impressive.

Alucard from "Hellsing": hm, although it can be argued that being on the side of the agency may disqualify him from running for the title, he is otherwise a perfect candidate: arrogant, cruel, powerful, charismatic = 120% cool - and simply not human. I've seen him called "The king of all badasses"... I couldn't agree more. Talking about the lure of the dark side... Apologies to all SW fans, but that's what it's all about.

The alter ego of the protagonist in "Fight Club" (don't remember the name right now). I've forgotten most of the movie, but that guy left some impression.

12. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Mmmh...

The Grey Men from MOMO (also in the Book) - A evil group of people with grey skin, that steal the time of the people, and smoke it as cigars? That's evil!

King Haggard from "The Last Unicorn" - He might seem a sad old man, but don't be deceived. The Red bull is a little calf in comparison.

Einon from Dragonheart - I can't really go into the details why he is so evil, but let me just say that he is a spoiled child, that abuses the good that has been done to him.

Also, I would like to make a honourable mention (because most of you probably don't know the movie anyway):

Santa Maria from "Der Schuh des Manitu" ("The Shoe of Manitou"), played by Sky Dumont.

Santa Maria - being cool

I would love to show you the clip for the "Super Perforator" scene, but I can't find it anywere...

13. Dark Slayer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

1) Cynric from King Arthur. He kinda looks cool with the beard and all. He kills Lancelot with a crossbow at Badon Hill and he's the son of Cerdic, the Saxon commander.

2) Marik Ishtar from Yu-Gi-Oh! He's the Egyptian guy who wants to be ruler of the world with the power of the three gods: Slifer the Sky Dragon, Obelisk the Tormentor and The Winged Dragon of Ra.

3) That woman villain from Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. She is so cool with her deadly arsenal of weapons, excellent fighting techniques and the ability to change into another person.
    (she's not as good as Arnie though, but he's a good guy in T3)

14. Leppi Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Darth Vader - Simply the best villain EVER.

Alucard - should be on the list but he hasnt been in any movies that i can think of so gets automatically disqualified.

Tyler Durden (the alter ego from Fight Club) - Nothing beats a villain that only exists in your head.

Agent Smith - Suit, tie, shades. Great lines, vision, and almost unstoppable.

15. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

team rocket from Pokemon

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Number one is an easy choice - Darth Vader.

For my second choice I would have to say Arnold as the Terminator in the original. The first film had far more grit and the Terminator appeared far more menacing than the dull special effects bots from the sequals. The original Terminator did not have any fancy gizmos and gadgets and the weapons were far more conventional and the film was much better because of that. Instead of seeing two robots beating on each other we had a story of two fragile humans trying to survive being hunted by a virtually unstoppable killing machine. Besides, how can you go wrong with a villain who cuts out his own damaged eye?

I could probably put forward any number of contenders for number three but I guess I wiill go with Budd from Kill Bill V2. I went in to the film expecting him to be a throw away villain who would be quickly killed but by the time he died I was sad that I wouldn't see any more of the character. How can you not like the sarcastic, broken down, out of shape, trailer trash scum who still manages to come the closest to actually killing the Bride?

17. Laertis Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

1) Agent Smith, like Leppi said...great lines
    2) Kevin Spacey's character in Seven
    3) Jeremy Irons in Dungeon & Dragons movie...LOL...just kidding. I was trying to think of others, but one can escape the truth that Darth Vader is one of the best and more charismatic villains the 7th art ever saw.

18. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

1) Darth Vader (Starwars)
    2) Captain Spaulding (House of the 1000 Corpses)
    3) Pinhead (Hellraiser) and The Ring wraiths (LOTR)

I also reaally like the big bad wolf But I don't think he is a movie star :p

I didn't include Gollum to this list, since I don't see him as a villian. But he is the best movie (and book) caracter ever!

19. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

1.Darth Vader.he's just...great.
    2.Agent Smith, also
    3.Jon Irenicus, well not movie character, but still one of my all-time favorites,and i can't think of anyone else.

20. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I have to agree there Beren! The Aliens were great!

Darth Vader also is a must, but it was hard to Decide the third. It was a toss up between Ring Wraiths and Agent Smith. I'll have to go with the 'Black Riders' on this one!!!

@Sarevoke-
    You disgrace me!!! :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.