1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Top albums of 2005

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Since this year is ending post your fav/top this year's albums with a little description :)

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hard Fi - Stars of CCTV
    Coldplay - X&Y
    Razorlight - Up All Night
    Arctic Monkeys - Whatever You Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
    Maximo Park - A Certain Trigger

In no particular order. A few others could have been in there aswell like Kaizer Chiefs (Employment), Queens of the Stone Age (Lullabies to Paralyze), Bloc Party (Silent Alarm), The Rakes (Capture / Release) and maaany more.

3. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Testament: Live In London
    Bruce Dickinson: Tyranny of Souls
    Iron Maiden: Death on the Road
    Gamma Ray: Majestic

All in all I don't think this has been all that strong a year, but those albums are all good. Majestic features Blood Religion, worthy of Gamma Ray's top ten(ish) of best songs. Testament whoops as always. Tyranny isn't as good as The Chemical Wedding, but that would've been nigh impossible to top. I think Maiden are putting out yet another live album a bit too soon, but what the hell, it's good and features songs not heard recently.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Armand van Helden - Nympho
    Royksopp - The Understanding
    Coldplay - X&Y
    Deep Dish - George is on

For all of them simply their best albums to date

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

American Idiot by Green Day

Why? It's the only new CD I've listened to. :bad:

6. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists

Takes the strongest elements of their previous two albums and twines them together, creating a far superior work. And, erm, it's the only new album I got this year, so...

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Monkey Business - Black Eyed Peas

I find most of their songs listenable which often doesn't happen on a new album. You get one or two good songs and the rest is boring crap.

8. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Time for my list

Paradise Lost Paradise Lost album of the year to me :D
    Six Feet Under 13 probably their best album so far
    Nevermore This Godless Endeavor yeah!
    Exodus Shovel Headed Kill Machine new line-up->new album that rocks :D
    Draconian Arcane Rain Fell very good gothic album
    Opeth Ghost Reveries nuff said
    Candlemass Candlemass classical line up :D what else one could wish :D
    Cryptopsy Once Was Not the return of Lord Worm, the best death metal album of 2005 \m/(><)\m/
    Swallow The Sun Ghost of Loss doom metal album of the year

there are few more cool albums and few that suck (Judas Priest Angel of Retribution just sucks! ) but I must say it was excellent year for metal music :thumb:

And 2006 could be very good as well with upcoming albums from Katatonia, My Dying Bride, Lacuna Coil, Vader, maybe Metallica, Iron Maiden

stay heavy! \m/(><)\m/

9. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I bought two of this year's albums: Employment, from the Kaiser Chiefs and A New Day Yesterday Live, from Joe Bonamassa. Both of them aren't bad, but they aren't brilliant either.

10. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I did not hear a lot of new music this past year, but there were a few bands that did some pretty nice work, at least on the rock scene:

Coldplay - X&Y
    Audioslave - Out of Exile
    Oasis - Don't Believe the Truth
    Weezer - Make Believe
    Also, Bob Dylan's No Direction Home, made from the documentary, and is a collection of unreleased tapes and live recordings from the early to mid-sixties that showcases Dylan's development as an artist.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.