1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Top affiliation block changes

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Silvery, May 2, 2012.

1. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Has anyone else got a crappy grey banner at the top of their screen instead of the usual linky stuff?

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    No, but it looks like Tal has been doing some redesign of the linky stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
  3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Oh well. You'll notice if you get it. It looks really out of place and doesn't fit the style of the site at all

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It's mostly the same thing as before, only with buttons instead of links, which people kept telling me they always forgot about because they just scrolled past them and ignored them. None of the colours have changed so I'm wondering why you feel that it's out of place now? It's a change, naturally, so it stands out a bit. But change that you don't notice isn't really change...

I'm going to see if I can make some or all of it toggleable on and off for site supporters though. Better move this to a separate thread if anyone else has any feedback.

5. Silvery

Media:
    It's totally different to the way it looked before! There's big coloured squares all over it! It looks like something the nursery kids did :lol:

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Coloured squares? Now I'm wondering what exactly you're seeing... do you see the Amazon, Newegg, ThinkGeek, etc. buttons or not?

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hehe, fishpond is the etc.! :D

8. Silvery

Media:
    Yep, all in coloured squares on a big grey rectangle

9. Taluntain

Media:
    So by saying "coloured squares" you're actually describing the site logos on the buttons? Heh, ok.

10. Silvery

Media:
    Yep. Coloured squares but they seem REALLY big.

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Oops, my apologies Silvery! I think I misunderstood you, and my answer came out rather condescendingly! I thought you meant a single grey block, not a banner with something in it. :o :doh:

12. Taluntain

Media:
    They're 126x36, which isn't big by any standard... what resolution are you using?

13. Silvery

Media:
    .......It's a lap top......:confused:

14. Taluntain

Media:
    If you're using XP (I think it should be the same for W7 too) right-click on the desktop and from the dropdown choose Properties. Then click the Settings tab and you should see "Screen resolution" on the left. The standard today should be at least 1280x1024, preferably larger. What's yours at?

15. Silvery

Media:
    Windows 7 is different but it says it's 1366x738

16. Taluntain

Media:
  17. Taluntain

Media:
    On the subject of affiliations, I noticed that Commission Junction, which is handling our ThinkGeek and NewEgg affiliations, has already taken $30 out of the $100 it took more than 5 years to generate. I asked them what's up with that and they kindly let me know that since we haven't generated any sales in over 6 months, they've started emptying my account $10 at a time until deactivation or another sale happens.

As there are probably dozens of thousands of accounts like mine in their system, it's easy to see why they don't offer PayPal payments.

So I'm afraid I have to ask here if anyone could make a purchase at NewEgg or ThinkGeek via the buttons on top of the page... doesn't matter how much you spend, this is purely for the sake of preventing the little money that's been generated via those affiliations so far being taken away.

ThinkGeek especially has tons of cool stuff for your inner geek or for gifting out, so you won't have any problems spending some cash there. Thanks in advance!

18. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I'll get something - give me a day or so.

Taluntain likes this.
  19. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, I needed a new camera anyway. Never used newegg.ca before, but if it helps out SP then why not!

Taluntain likes this.
  20. Taluntain

Media:
    Bump... as one of the orders was cancelled, it'd be nice if we could get at least one more in to be on the safe side.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.