1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Top 10 2006 albums

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Undertaker, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Post your top 10 this years albums:
    Undie's list
    Celtic Frost - Monotheist
    Moonspell - Memorial
    Beyond Fear - Beyond Fear
    Vader - Impressions In Blood
    Deicide - The Stench Of Redemption
    Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
    Draconian - The Burning Halo
    My Dying Bride - A Line Of Deathless Kings
    Satyricon - Now, Diablolical

[ December 25, 2006, 10:38: Message edited by: Undertaker ]

2. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I didn't even buy ten 2006 albums this year (the total counter is around 18, with only three 2006 albums). So here is my top three :p

1. Tom Waits - Orphans: Bawlers, Brawlers and Bastards. I don't think compilation albums fit in a list like this, and although this is categorized as a compilation album, it contains a lot of new songs and his older songs never appeared on his own albums before (some appeared on movie soundtracks, there is something from a tribute album to the Ramones and some other stuff). This album box contains three cd's with each their own style of music (blues-rock, ballads and well... weird stuff). The only shame is that they put 'Lie To Me' on the vinyl single that accompanied the album, one of the less appealing songs from the entire box, but all in all, it was my best buy of 2006.

2. Cuban Heels - Gutbucketmusic. This is a little known Dutch band that describe themselves as Garage Blues. Their rhythm section is loud and thumping, with an over amplified harmonica (or blues harp or mouth organ or whatever you wanna call it), but it still has a very bluesy feel to it.

3. Flogging Molly - Whiskey On A Sunday. Ok, I bought this album for the DVD that came with it and it shouldn't even be on the list, because this album contains acoustic and live versions of previously released songs, with only one new song. The DVD was cool, the live versions of the songs were ok, the acoustic songs were just not Flogging Molly and the new song was nothing special. All in all, this was a pretty expensive, but quite enjoyable DVD.

4. I know I said I only bought three albums from this year, but there is a number 4. Bruce Springsteen - We Shall Overcome. This album isn't in my collection, but I borrowed it a few times and listened to it quite often. It is a good CD, but still number 4, because I didn't buy it myself.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Not in any specific order (I might organize later):

To/Die/For - Wounds Wide Open
    Lamb of God - Sacrament
    Diecast - Internal Revolution

Thats it for best... other good ones:
    Alien Ant Farm - Up In the Attic
    Amorphis - Eclipse
    The Haunted - The Dead Eye (not as good as older stuff, but still decent)

Dissapointing/Crap:
    In Flames - Come Clarity ( :rolleyes: )
    All That Remains - The Fall of Ideals (they went from kickass/original to mediocre, repetetive mainstream metalcore)
    Unearth - III: In the Eyes of Fire (not nearly as good as their previous stuff)
    Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dawns (sucked, much as they did once they lost Jesse)
    Trivium - The Crusade (the biggest piece of crap to ever sound like Thrash. If you want a ****ty version of all Metallica songs, pick this one up. It was a crappy cop-out for the band)

Looking forward to:
    Chimaira - Resurrection (one of my favorite bands)
    Dark Tranquillity - N/A (Ditto)
    Darkest Hour - N/A (after Undoing Ruin, they are gods.)

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
    Snow Patrol - Eyes Open
    The Fratellis - Costello Music
    Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
    The Kooks - Inside In / Inside Out
    Kasabian - Empire
    The Rakes - Capture/Release
    The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth
    Dirty Pretty Things - Waterloo to Anywhere
    The Rifles - No Love Lost

5. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Cool another Flogging Molly fan. I am not really into trad Irish/punk, but FM are great.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.