1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Too many Vampires!!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Eyebreaker7, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    How do you keep everyone from loosing levels all the time? This is crazy. The church sure does love me though. :p
    I can have party members cast lesser restoration but I'd much rather free up those spell slots with something else.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Don't let them attack everyone. Only send in those protected from level drain. I prefer to "loan" the amulet of power to a paladin or ranger. Azuredge will kill most vampires from a distance.

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    There's a cleric spell called negative plane protection, which protects you from level drain. Alternatively, equip items that give negative plane protection. There's not that many without mods, just the amulet of power and the mace of disruption +2.

The hitch with the mace of disruption is that it's in one of the pools of blood the first time you visit inside the vampire lair. And then you have to upgrade it with Illithium (sp?), too. In ToB there's the rune hammer, but that's a bit too late for the vampire lair.

Anyway, I normally only send in people wearing either of these items and an item to protect them against charm.

4. Paracelsi

Paracelsi Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I also rely on the amulet of power but before Chapter 3 I use summoned creature fodder, traps, Invisibility 10' radius or Pixie Dust to get my main group out of an ambush and stealth/Invisbility + Daystar's Sunray. It helps if your party has a designated scout character so you can explore the general area before sending in your guys, that way you almost always know when vampires are around.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Can somebody edit the title of this thread? I thought some sort of toast was being proposed! :lol:

6. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Cleric of Lathander or Undead Hunter makes Vamp slaying easy. If you are not one of those classes, NPP on your best warrior with lots of summons... that is until you get the anti-vampire items..a.k.a. Mace of Disruption, Amulet of Power, Azuredge and Daystar. Just stay back and pepper them with +1 missles and spells. The 3rd level Cleric spell Smite Evil is pretty handy as well if there are more than one of them as it has an AoE. I like to use Agan's Scorcher as well. It hits them from a distance. Fightning Vamps in Bohdi's lair is one of the few times I actually use lightning bolt in the game. Load up as many lightning protections as possible on one character and fire a bunch of lightning bolts around the room and then close a door if possible and hide behind it. They will bounce all over causing much damage. Chared undead flesh...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  7. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Funny you should say that as my Undead Hunter is named Dr Pepper :p
    I find it hard to come up with my own names sometimes :borg:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.