1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tone It Down, Kim!

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by dogsoldier, Mar 29, 2013.

1. dogsoldier Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    They always go ape when South Korea and the US have their wargames, especially when bombers are involved. They were carpet-bombed by the US in the 50's.

3. Arkite

Arkite Crash or crash through Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'd say lil' Kim still asserting/testing his (soft) power, well that and you can't convince your own people that they need tanks more than bread if there isn't some immediate threat, and if there isn't, make one!

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    'state media says' lulz.

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I believe I heard a report where the aggression of NK was expected. It seems they, as a country, expect their new leader to take a firm stance and even win a battle before he is completely accepted.

They think they're immune to 'shock and awe.'

6. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
  7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    They may change thier mind when they get a tomahawk or three dropped on them.

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  9. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Meh, that guy needs some spanking. He really has a ugly fetish for nukes.
    And besides, they were already in a state of war. No side ever singed an official peace treaty since establishing the arbitrarily drawn KDZ. Technically it's ceasefire.

10. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    This guy wouldn't know how to fight a war, generally wars have less words and more explosions.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Politicians don't need to know how to fight a war.

12. Arctic Daishi Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    I don't think North Korea poses a credibly threat to the United States. I do think we should continue to pledge full support of South Korea, however. Should the North try to attack South Korea or Japan, I believe we should send in an international task force to eliminate the North Korean regime. We should also work towards bringing China more towards our side of the table.

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I agree. I recently saw a show in which the commentator compared North Korea to "being startled walking through a parking lot by a Chihuahua in a locked car". Slightly scary for a second until you realize it's only a Chihuahua, and it's locked in the car.

Arctic Daishi likes this.
  14. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Do you guys mean in terms of their nuclear capabilities specifically? I'm no military strategist, but I don't really like the idea of waging any type of ground war, as it seems that the costs are always great and it's more than just a question of whether they can really harm 'us' - the average US citizen sitting safe at home. Soldiers die, billions get spent, etc., etc. In that sense they are certainly a threat, I suspect, and there is much to be lost by going to war with them. :(

15. Shoshino

Media:
    Their army is a starving peasant conscript force, I don't really thing we have a problem.

16. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I also think this is a lot about nothing.

17. Arctic Daishi Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Media:
    I don't think it's their army that anyone is worried about, it's having a nuke dropped on Seoul.

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    We can only hope that Kim Jong-Un and his advisers have the intelligence and wits to realize that even China would turn on them if they nuked Seoul. And that if they attacked an American base, ship or city, the US would turn Pyongyang into the geological equivalent of a lava lamp.

I am not so sure the North Korean army can be written off so easily, or that it is even starving. Dictators like Kim Jong-Un prefer to have a strong and happy army, not only to protect themselves against foreign invasions, but also and more importantly to protect themselves from their own starving peasants. :(

What worries me the most is that I am not sure just how sane the North Korean regime is.

19. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Dropping a nuke or two on Seoul could impact the eco-system of the entire region, they would be hurting themselves as well. It won't happen.

20. Shoshino

Media:
    monty, I wouldn't worry about the NK army so much, it consists of alot of peasant farmers and farmhands, they will be planting the next harvest soon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.