1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

TOEE Level Cap Remover Version 0.11(need help)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Impishness3, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Impishness3 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] About a week ago I ran across a lvl cap remover available for TOEE. http://duggelz.home.comcast.net/toee/
    It's apparently made by somone already experienced in mods/editors(also created JA2 Jape savegame editor)
    Now the only problem I have is that I haven't gotten it to work as of yet. It is supposed to work with the new patch as well as the CO8 unofficial patch version 3.x. I have been trying to get it to work with the latest CO8 patch version 3.0.3 (which may be the problem) on a 2ghz dell running with windows xp and norton antivirus installed. The game itself is installed to c:bad:TOEE\. If anyone is able to get this to work properly please let me know in specific what patchs/mods were or were not used along basic system information. Also if anyone knows where I can download the CO8 patch version 3.x lemme know.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A JavaScript cap remover? That's novel.

3.x means any version of 3 (x being variable, so 3.0.3 should be fine). Disable your virus scanner while you install the cap remover. This is written inside the js code and is supposed to come up when you install it. There's also some info on installing this cap remover on the Co8 forums...

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I haven't come across the cap remover before. I am totally going to give it a try, first chance I get. I swear by all that is Templish, that I will get my game up and configured for play this weekend.

There is nothing like mowing through your enemies.

NUTHING.

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Finally! Since there are no NPC's worth adventuring with anyway, there's no need to have more than 2-3 party members. Assuming this thing works, now I can finally try multiclassing. Never done that before in any D&D 3e game since the multiclassing system tends to make characters a lot weaker than in 2e, especially because of the relatively low level caps. Now I finally have the chance!

5. Impishness3 Gems: 1/31

Thankyou Taluntain. I had a feeling that it would be something simple as norton AV or a bad file so after reintstalling everything and turning off norton auto-protection for the lvl cap remover everything worked fine.
    I recommend trying to play with 2 characters with lvl 10/lvl 10 in that way you still gain most of the benifits you should for such lvls. Also if you try to make more than 2 I imagine it would be very hard to get get enough exp to gain lvls at a decent rate. I am going to check on the compatibilty of using dev_helperv2.1 as you can warp to demo-areas to gain exp on tougher monsters.

6. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Would this patch make any difference? Can TOEE actually allow a level 6 spell or level 13 monks spell resistence? It seems a little pointless to have the cap remover otherwise correct?

7. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

No, the patch doesn't make any difference as long as you're not multiclassing. From my experience with it: there are no newly implemented spells for higher levels - especially the spell system seems to be screwed up. After advancing to lvl 11 with my sorc, I just had one magic missile left, compared to the five I had prior to lvl 11.

Moreover, my sorc died once being lvl 12. Raising her from dead screwed the experience and level system up for good. She had near unlimited exp after resurrection. :rolleyes:

In the last part of the game your characters are overpowered to the extreme anyway. I wouldn't recommend using any xcap remover in ToEE.

8. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

I'm not going to install i then. Thanks.

9. Nomad_Wanderer Gems: 1/31

The spell problems Darkthrone noted have been addressed.. Please try out the 3.0.4 beta (which includes the level cap remover), to make sure everything is working.

10. Khazraj Gems: 20/31

Can you give any details of how they have "been addressed"? I don't want to install it and then find some odd errors.

11. Nomad_Wanderer Gems: 1/31

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.