1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

TOEE Crash...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by privatesnafu, Jan 31, 2008.

1. privatesnafu Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I patched the game with the official patch #1-#3 and Temple of Elemental Evil Unofficial Patch by Moebius.

Somehow, it happened.
    [​IMG]

My system spec is an ancient AMD AthlonXP 2800+ with 1GB RAM and a Geforce 6600 running Forceware 169.21, Windows XP with SP-2.

Please help. :confused:

2. allyx Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

ToEE is buggy, even patched up to patch 3 it's buggy. Instead you should patch upto Atari patch 2 and install the Co8 5.0.0 modpack, the game suddenly becomes a lot more stable, a little harder, and has a bunch of new things to do too.

3. privatesnafu Gems: 1/31

Patch up to #2 and installed Co8 5.0.0 modpack with its latest patch.
    When entering Nubb, the game crashed again.

[​IMG]

Using ToEE front-End to launch the game with the following setting: Max lvl = 20, Max HP per level, Clean Game Cache On Startup and Disable intro movie.

I was thinking reinstalling the game with the official #2 patch only. What's the different between having Co8 mod installed / not having Co8 mod installed?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Have you tried running the front end without enabling any of the mod-specific settings (like max level and max hp per level)? If that fails as well you're probably better off completely removing the game (delete the folder after uninstall to get rid of everything) then reinstall the game and try running it before doing anything else. Then add patch 2, see if it works, and if it does add the Co8 mod.

The mod fixes a large number of bugs and glitches with the game, and as of the latest version (which I haven't tried) adds a lot of extra content like new areas, quests and NPCs. It's great to have for the bugfixes, but if it won't work at all then you'll have to do without.

5. Barrelhouse Gutboy Gems: 1/31

Having same crash issue

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times but to no avail. It seems 8 of 10 times the screen reloads (moving to another section, or even checking inventory) the game crashes. I have no solution to date.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.