1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

"To play with a party of your own creation . . ."

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Western Paladin, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I've never tried the trick of creating a set of characters in multiplayer and converting the game to a single-player. So I tried it this morning, but I can't figure out how it works exactly. I click TCP/ICP and "New Game" (I wasn't connected to the internet at the time) and I get a screen with six slots to put characters in. But no matter what I do, the "Done" button just sits there being inactive and I can't make it become active. Am I doing something wrong? (Might it have anything to do with the fact that I have Throne of Bhaal installed?)

2. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

After you created the six charecters, did you click on the <tick mark> buttons at the side of each charecter slot? Only after that will you be able to click on done and begin the game.
    After the game has autosaved, you can remove the save from mpsave and put it in the save folder.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Quick Question: Can you do the same thing with BG1?

4. Elwyn De'Liam Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

5. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31

Veteran

I feel stupid.

I couldn't figure out what those big check mark buttons were for, because I only clicked them before I had all my characters created. :mad: But I got it to work now. Thanks!

6. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I have problem with all-my-party. if I quit the game, It says that save is terminated and save is gone

7. Felinoid

@ Elwyn:

Cool! :D I'm going to go try it right now!

EDIT: That was nice, but the missing banter and interjections were eerie. :mommy:

[ June 17, 2005, 03:31: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

8. Elwyn De'Liam Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@Chickavalier
    I never encountered that problem after i copied the saves to the single player save folder, so i think you should try it.

@Feliniod
    You finished that game so fast? :X

9. Felinoid

No, I'm only in Chapter 2, but the silence is already starting to get to me. :D

10. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31

Veteran

That's what Icewind Dale II is like. I prefer it in some ways, since I don't like many of the original NPCs, or almost all of the existing mod NPCs.

11. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

@Elwyn De'Liam
    Thanks! I'm playing it right now

12. ilkster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

You miss too much of SoA when you create all six characters yourself, I generally pick three or four myself and leave room for NPCs for quests/to generally complement my characters.

13. Marcus_Giden Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Dudes...we can't really discuss this as it is only a matter of playing-style. I admit that I sometimes rather would've had strong characters than having loads of banter, but that's just my playing style.

@Threadstarter

This is your choice. have you played the game before? Do you enjoy the banters? Ask "AT LEAST" those questions to yourself before you create a multiplayer party and move the saves to singleplayer save.

14. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Heh...if you think it gets quiet with a party of PCs, imagine what it would be like with solo.

Mind you...its atleast ten times more fun doing it solo... :D

15. Felinoid

I've done solo (more often than not) but I never noticed the quiet then. For some reason, I notice lots of people not talking, but not just one. :heh:

16. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Yes, a number of times.

Hmm, most of them. In the end I created only two characters in the multiplayer thing and made up the balance with BioWare characters.

17. Shrikant

I just SK the existing NPCs. :heh:

18. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Might I ask what kind of changes you like to make? That's an interesting idea to me.

19. Shrikant

Viconia - Sorcerer
    Minsc - Wis raised to 18 and proficiencies changed. This allows me to dual him to Cleric.
    Anomen - HalfOrc Beserker :p
    Valygar - HalfElf Kensai/Thief or Human Archer.
    Keldorn gets Twohanded Weapon Style, GreatSword and Halberds.
    Korgan becomes a Beserker/Cleric weilding Flails and Hammers.

Mages generally get their Int raised to 18 or I might increase Dex or Con to make life easier.

20. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31

Mages usually have 16~18 Dex.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.