1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

To Morph or Not to Morph

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by ladyzam, Dec 1, 2000.

1. ladyzam Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] My magic user found a ploymorph spell that I wrote to her spell book and used several times, However; I used it one time and turned her in to a wolf and now the spell does not wear off. Therefore she can not cast any spells. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] What's wrong with being a wolf? :D

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    ladyzam, the spell will wear off sooner or later. You can probably sleep it over too.
    But you can always change back to human form by clicking on the special abilities button (the start-like symbol on the interface) and choosing the human form.

4. Sol'Kanar Guest

That is, if the spell is polymoph self, not other. If it's polymorph other, you have to dispell it or wait for it to wear off.

5. ladyzam Gems: 1/31

We have rested numerous times and that has not worked...I will look for the button to choose human. Thanks for the reply!!

6. ladyzam Gems: 1/31

Okay...listen up!!
    My invoker Dyneheir has a polymorph self I morphed her in to a wolf (nothing wrong with wolves!!) and I have rested a number of times. I cannot use the little star thingy because she cannot cast any spells while she is a wolf.I am in the lower level of Durlag's Tower. I have even gone to another level hoping that would help....but she is still a wolf. Has anyone out there experienced this or is it just me?
    PLEASE OH PLEASE HELP ME!!!!??

7. shadow Gems: 1/31

Um, I think the 'little star' button is the one you use for casting spells - ie. the button with a cresent moon and stars on it. The button for special abilities is the button with a single diamond on it. Its located on the far right of the screen. For my case, I assigned the "Z" key for activating my special abilities, purely for convenience sake.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's what I said... hehe.
    Don't use the button where you cast magic from, use the diamond like one at the far right part of the interface. You also manipulate all other forms you can change into through that button. Human (i.e. back to normal) is one of them.

9. ladyzam Gems: 1/31

Obviously I am not saying what I need you to hear. While my invoker is morphed, the only "spell" that she has with the "diamond" button....to the far right.... is a slow poison spell. That is only available from a piece of jewelry that she is wearing. The first couple of times that I polymorphed her I was able to turn her back into a human when I was finished with her, but at this point she seems to be to the point of no return. I am thinking it might be some kind of 'bug' in the program. I have installed the latest patch that I am aware of. If you know of anything else I might try....please let me know.
    Thanks everyone for what ever help you are able to give me.

10. shadow Gems: 1/31

Is your Tales CD in your CD-ROM drive when you tried? The Polymorph spell seemed to require the actual CD to be in the drive before it could work. But if all else fails, try resarting from a previous game.

Btw, Dynaheir's Slow Poison special ability is due to her unique character make-up, and not because of any particular equipment she's wearing (just like Branwin's Spiritual Hammer and Quayle's Invisibility).

11. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Sound like a lovely Bioware bug.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.