1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Tides of the Inevitable Swarm: #1 Tyranid Tuesdays!

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by 8people, Nov 11, 2008.

1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    So my Zoanthropes which were going to be my test subjects died a horrible death after their so called levitation failed them when being sprayed while held precariously atop a board and bombarded with undercoat.

After many dangerous quests to retrieve all the pieces I have decided to reassemble the creatures in a vain attempt to unlock their potential as devestating forces of immense psychic energy and ravishing beauty.

As such I venture forth with brush in hand, glue in the other as I stride forth, taking my position as Norn Queen to sculpt and craft the perfect army in an array of three different colour schemes to strike fear, terror and admiration upon the enemy.

My first shall be exotic as it is practical, to adorn my precious creations with the camouflage and decoration of the jungle, I shall name them Flowernids, for such a name causes my opponent to tremble in utter fear. For like a carnivorous plant - drawing its prey ever closer - it snaps shut and devours its prey in leafy death!

My second bombardment of beauties shall be one more fitted to scaling the debris and elevation of the cityscape, these urbanids, as I have thus named them, will incorporate the disguise of the materials used to build their very own lunchboxes. The soft fleshy 'wood' will be the same as their underbellies while the strong stones and steels will form their shells and armourment.

My final and most devastating force I shall spawn will be the most terrifying and effective yet. They shall be as black as the night, living, breathing, shadows of terror, chitin red as the blood disgorged from their enemies. They shall have cunning marks upon their shells of dark circles and false eyes. They will be based off a terror known upon earth as 'The Ladybird' and thus I shall be spawning Ladynids upon these lands.

Task Set: Repair and paint three Zoanthropes.
    Target Date: 18th November
    Completed Previous Task: Zoanthropes were assembled yet injured from unforseen forces. Like gravity.

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Didn't realise you collected nids! I'd give you a game if we were anywhere near each other, but, sadly, that seems rather unlikely.

Incidentally, the word 'Flowernids' reminds me of a marine army that I've seen at several GTs- painted pink with flowers and supported by a predator with what appeared to be a butterfly hairclip! Given how often I've seen it, it must do reasonably well...

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I saw that last night, CJ linked me to a gallery of his pink army :lol:

I only started to collevt Nids a couple of weeks ago, Sal started collecting Eldar to learn the 40k rules better now he works for GW so I thought I'd leap aboard. I wanted something organic and spikey - I love them, they're actually rather cute :lol:

Think I'll put "Tyranids - Where Every Game Is A Buffet" in my signature :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.