1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Throne of Bhaal: Newbie Thoughts

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Harbourboy, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

:banana:

Celebration time! Congratulations on finishing. Which of the possible ends did you choose: become a god or not?

I think I speak for all of us here that it was a pleasure to experience the game through the eyes of someone completely new to it. It reminded me of some the stuff I thought about BG2 when I first played it. Cheers!

:beer:

2. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I totally agree, this was a fun post to read and I have to congratulate you for havind such an easy time fighting the Ravager and Mellissan. I remember my first run through ToB and it was a killer to take them down! I would like to encourage you to keep on playing the game, just like most of us. I always start a game and try stuff out, but after a while I stop with that character/party and begin a new game because I want to try something else! I've been playing this game now since it came out here, and the longest I haven't played it was four months! It does keeps itching to play it, and continue playing it. If not because of all the excellent MODs to try:)

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :banana: This is a great thread. Harbourboy's walkthrough. I have enjoyed following your first game. I didn't know about SP the first time I played. I struggled through. Took a break then ran across ToB and played that. Took another break. Found another game and then SP. This board has made me a dedicated (addicted) fan of BG et al. I agree with your summary. I like the banter in BGII but it can get annoying. I use the enter key when it does.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Congrats, HB! It was fun reading about your experience (and it helps that it was very well written too).

Yep! In some respects, the game is too long. I find that I get to the end of SOA Ch. 2, and I'm starting to get the urge to try something else, even though I might still be having fun with the current game. Sometimes I wish there was a "BG2 Lite", which could let you do the more fun stuff while skipping some of the more tedious things required to get to the fun parts.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Except that sometimes those tedious parts make the fun part or ARE the fun part (for some). ;)

I don't think there was too much banter in SoA at all, on the contrary; there should had been more and at least some kind of reaction to every action.

6. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

:thumb: HB. Congrats!
    :banana: & :beer:
    Thanks for entertaining us with your commentry.
    Agree. I dont even install Dungeon-be-gone since I still find it fun :)

7. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Congratulations ! You DID it !!! :)

So, did you become a good god, an evil god or nobody of them (or just nobody ;) )?

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, to answer your questions, I'm trying to remember what happened in the end as I didn't really understand a lot of what that Solar thing was going on about. I don't think I became a god. I think Arya said something about leaving it all behind and going back to her old life but still being really powerful.

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Aw, you took the wrong choise; you should had said that you want godhood and all the ladies with you. :D

So, how about another play? :p

10. -s_c- Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

With romance! :D

11. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

No! Go solo! With a sorcerer! :D

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm actually a bit BG II'd out at the moment, to be honest. I think I'll take a bit of a break from it before trying out my next party idea (which would not be a solo, given all the romances and NPC banters I supposedly missed out on this time).

13. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Congratulations on the Big Finish, HB! It's been a pleasure reading your threads. It's pretty refreshing to see the game again through the eyes of a new player.

Thanks for sharing it all with us, though I'm a bit disappointed to see it end ;)

14. Harbourboy

Well, I am doing my first proper run through Neverwinter Nights at the moment. But as that game does not hold the sentimental attachment that you all have for BGII, I'm not bothering to share this experience.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.