1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things you`d like to be changed in IWD2?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Dragu&Barud, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey, none of you can have Pale Justice because it belongs to my Paladin from IWD1, and he's not willing to give it up!

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Really? Your paladin must've gotten a fake, because I'm 100% sure my paladin has it :D

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Eh, both of you have fakes actually :D

Speaking about paladins, more orders. Lathander is available for clerics and has paladins in pnp, so why not here. 90% paladins are of Tyr anyway and of the rest probably half is of his factotum Torm.

Sorc option for Mystra order.

Those who don't do as paladins should do should fall. Same to clerics who go beyond two steps away from deity's alignment. Even if it's only for dialogue options chosen and killing innocents. Druids should be forced to preserve the neutral comportment.

More feats to choose, please.

Fixed Improved Initiative.

Fixed opposition schools.

Some soundsets for druids and rangers (involving nature, wilderness etc)

Making powergamers suffer for creating characters whose steel is brighter than mind.

A few feats for highly intelligent/wise/charismatic characters. Now only Expertise and Stunning Attack (in part) require 13 INT and WIS respectively.

Note: some of these ideas (may) have already appeared here - take it as my signing in simply.

4. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Add in some nice BGII Dragons hehe :p

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"two words: infinity engine."

I seriously think they could do a VERY good job with the Dungeon Siege engine. Perhaps a modified Dungeon Siege; but starting with the Dungeon Siege source is the first move to make.

Other than that, I'd suggest they sit down before IwD3 and write a book. I'm totally serious. write a 200 page novel. Maybe the grammer isn't absolutely perfect. And maybe they could use some different adjectives here and there. But the book is the first thing.

Then hire artists. Then hire a musician. Then hire coders. Then hire QA geeks that can't tell a bug from a feature.

It all starts with the book. After that, you should be following the book. If you have to write part of the book, re-write the whole book with the new material and check it over, before you do ANYTHING else.

That's the only thing I have to say on this subject. Write the book. THEN do all the other gaming stuff.

6. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31

Well a book would be a good idea, though then you really only have one possability and youll only be on one route. I say a game should read more like a chart with branches and branches of storyline.

7. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] what is pale justice?

8. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It is a longsword in IWD1 and only paladins can use it. Pale Justice's stats are something like this:
    Long Sword +4, +7 vs. Evil, immune to Fear, Charm, etc.

9. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31

More shapeshift options would be nice...

I was thinking about this thread for a moment. Almost every gaming forum has atleast one thread similar or the same as this one. I find that most gamers like to rant about what a game lacks or what a needs to make it better, even though really this isnt going to make much of a difference unless someone wants to make a mod. Even so, this happends with games that you cant mod for too. Its almost like we must search for the flaws of a game... exploit them... then think to ourselves, "wow, i wasted my money!" lol.

Ok, so a lot of the time it could be useful to a mod'er. Though.. in the long run its just ramblings. Yes, i could add A LOT to every game i played to make it that much better, but it isnt going to happen :p

Now on that note.. let me just say that you should be able to customize clothing more(color, size, shape, etc.) and perhaps even wear clothing layers under armor. Probably more armor variety and helmets that match armors... Yes, i am indeed rambling, and i love it! Ok.. it was boring... im done anyways though :D

10. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

kinda like cera sumat/light of...?

11. Felgash Toradûn Banned

What!? Why?

The few quests/puzzles in IWD2 is what made me endure it...
    Hack & Slash only would be boring...

I agree...
    In NwN, you had the ability to shapeshift into a powerful red Dragon...
    Thats something, huh? :cool:

12. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Pale Justice
    Improved Initiative
    Normal Improved Invisibility.
    Killing the Rubber Chicken stuff.

13. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Simply more freedom. A bunch of towns that you can visit but don't have to, is a great example of this.

14. Dragu&Barud Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] WOW!Thanx guys.You`re providing quite solid support to me and Dragu.We all hope that BIS will release a fix or an expansion pack soon.Thanx again because I didn`t write the topic only for you but for me and all other players!(nods)

15. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31

Who made the hack and slash comment? lol. We REALLY dont need another Diablo, heh. Just one of those things that gets boring after you beat it once...

16. Felgash Toradûn Banned

Well... I've got a little sometin'...

You know when you in NwN you could right-click an opponent, and a info panel (?) would pop up...
    Here you could read some basic info, like race and such, also, you could see how difficult it would have been for you to slay that monster...

Although this didn't affect the gameplay in any way, I found it quite interesting...

17. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31

Basicly identifying the creature and being able to read its stats?

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hate to burst your bubble, but it's pretty certain that there'll never be a patch to fix all the remaining bugs in IWD2, and totally certain that there won't be an expansion.

19. Felgash Toradûn Banned

Yup...
    Thoughness, background info, were it originated from ++... Stuff that really didn't matter, but
    were fun and interesting to read...

20. Azael Enteri Gems: 4/31

A sysyem like in Ac2 where you can ID a creature before you actually go into battle and figure out what will work best to slay it? Or just a quick listing? I mean it seems like a good feature.. but in a way i think it would take some of thrill of the game out if you knew exactly what you were up against.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.