1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thieves Guild: Hall of Epochs - Arrow Falling Short

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Spellbound, May 5, 2006.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

With a 23 of Marksman (from the black robes of the DB) -- it appears I'm unable to hit the target. The guide states that while marksmanship does have an impact on the accuracy of the shot, "not a big one and you should be able to hit the target reliably with a low skill if you know where to aim -- the spot where the figure's hands hold the sword." I've done about 20 reloads trying to hit that spot, but the arrow keeps falling short. Anyone have problems here?

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Yup. Took me about twenty reloads. Tiny target, but I got it eventually. If the spot they say isn't working, then judge where would work and adjust aim accordingly.

3. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I usually try to aim a bit high of the target, because of the way the arrow follows a curve rather than a straight line as compared to Morrowind.

Also, with regard to your specific problem, when I was trying to hit the target, I got a loud "thunk" sound when I did hit it on target. I tested this by using Iron Arrows beforehand, and testing with moving my crosshair higher to deliberately miss and to hit the target. I quicksaved, equipped that key arrow and when I got the sound, the door was unlocked.

Try shooting while gradually raising your crosshair until you do hit it. And yeah...it takes a bit of patience I guess.

4. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I finally got it. It might help if I knew how to shoot a bow or read a manual. lol :rolleyes: I finally dug out the little manual and read up on bow shooting. My little arrow was flopping out of the gate, because I wasn't HOLDING the left mouse button down to get a power shot. As soon as I did that, it got the distance and hit the target on the second try or so. (I guess the 30 reloads gave me practice on my aim! :p )

5. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    hahahaha, that's funny! :p

But I liked that part. I'm an archer, so when I got there, it was child's play. I got it on the first try, no practice... :cool:

6. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I got some cracked up error when I first got there that it wouldn't let me equip the arrow to shoot it at the keyhole. Reset my computer and it let me though. I bet I spent an hour in the Hall of Epochs trying to equip that arrow and thinking maybe I just wasn't on the pressure plate.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.