1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thieves Guild: Arrow of Extrication Quest

Discussion in 'The Elder Scrolls 1-4' started by Spellbound, May 2, 2006.

1. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I've made it through to Fathis Aren's tower and am standing right behind him in the alchemy lab, trying to sneak over to the chest to get the Arrow. I can't make it to the chest from where I am, since he's staring right at it (I did pickpocket him, while I was behind him -- for something to do while I wait). I also have another saved game where I'm by the pillar, outside of the lab, waiting. Do I need to wait until he comes OUT of the lab, before I go in?...or should I just stay put directly behind him, hoping that he turns and leaves? I've got a pretty high sneak, and he's only supposed to have a sneak of 5. And I've been waiting for him to move for a LONG time. lol Any suggestions?

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Try using a Chameleon spell to walk up to the chest, or Telekinesis to loot it from far away. I used Chameleon.

3. Spellbound

I have a potion of chameleon, but it didn't work. :Sigh: I'll try it again.

Edit: Tried it a few times -- simply doesn't work. And I'm getting pretty irritated. Been crouching in that room for hours, waiting for him to leave. I've got a Sneak of 65 and (according to the Guide) he's supposed to only have a Sneak of 5?? No way.

[ May 02, 2006, 22:34: Message edited by: Spellbound ]

4. Lost Meme Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

As counterintuitive as it may sound, try going in from his left, so that you're behind the table and infront of him. IIRC, the place should look something like this (please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn't have time to type it to scale or anything):
    | FA
    |--<---

Follow the dotted line.

If that doesn't work... I don't know, grab the arrow and run.

5. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

are you mage guild member?
    if yes, you can just take it, no string attached.
    if no, kill him.

6. Spellbound

I tried the other way once -- and it didn't work. But, I only gave it one try.

I am a mage guild member -- he turns hostile immediately -- it didn't matter.

7. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, I had the worst time with this too. And I'm a agent (class) and moonshadow (constellation). But it didn't help at all, he saw me everytime. Since I thought the dungeon to get to him was waaaaaaaay too long, I was too bored to figure out the way. I juste put an invisibility spell on myself. I walked up to the chest and too the arrow (at which point I became visible again). I turned tail and ran, dodging his spells. I had high acrobatics, so I jumped on the pillars and slid off the wall, to the ground, ran out of the tower and lost 'em in the woods... slick.. :cool:

8. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

What I did was had 2 invisibility spells on me. I cast one before I went into his room, went over to the chest and got the arrow and then held the cast button while it was taking me back to the normal screen. It cast immediately and he talks to himself a bit but doesn't do anything.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.