1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

They've killed me AGAIN

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Sergiu, May 6, 2003.

1. Sergiu Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Would you believe it. I started a new game, got the updates installed, and created only one character. FIRST, I got killed cause you know when you have only 10 or 15 HP points from start at default, even at normal mode you have to be VERY CAREFUL while advancing. Arrived at first level against Sherican at ICE level, got parallized then charmed and while they continued to hit me---> good-bye. SECOND, I started another game as before, new character, this time I edited the hp points, modified into 700 hp points !!!!! everything else let on default, and AGAIN they killed me in level two in Ice Temple while fighting against first princess Lysara I guess, anyway first I got the armor of faith spell activated on me + a potion of agility and protection from evil, I killed to hunters, but the princess casted HELD on me and right after it CHARMED, and finally I was finished. So how the hell should I play the game ? What the hell to edit, this, that ---> bad luck again---> good-bye. Now I deleted but for how long will I keep myself calm....? What do you edit most ?

[ May 07, 2003, 05:06: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Perhaps enabling the console to level yourself up may be more successful.

Or actually having more than one character.

Or enabling cheat keys so you can use Ctrl+R to heal your person.

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

You're soloing? On the first time you're playing the game? Or, for that matter, any D&D game?

Load up six characters. Use a pre-formed party if you don't want to take the time to figure out all the character selection stuff.

Also, you can use Dalekeeper to give yourself powerful weapons and armour.

The learning curve for this game is steep. There are an extraordinary number of different selections and choices to make, which can overwhelm you. Turn it down to easy, and just figure out the engine and interface.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Um, are you aware that you can save your game at any point as long as enemies are not near by? If you die, just reload and try again.

5. Quicho Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I see that your character has problems with enchantment spells with will saving throws. He/she often fails this saving throw.

This problem can be solved or lessened. Just increase the possibility, that your character can withstand these spells. How?

The hint depends on your D&D knowledge. You need to increase your will saving throws. With an item that increases saving throws (or just this one), with a feats that increases will saving throw, or put more points into wisdom - saving throw adds wisdom bonus.

If you min/Max your character and put wisdom to low values, your character will often fail will saving throw and suffer under these spells.

Will saving throw is also based on character class ... fighters, barbarians have low starting value in this saving throw.

Sorry, I can not write whole story on saving throws ... first I have not remembered everything (especially tables) and second this a place just for hints.

6. Sergiu Gems: 1/31

Now I am going to delete this game FOREVER, cause I got killed AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN at normal dificulty, damn it all. Hedron Kerdos, sorry man unfortunately no one is going to save Targos, you're dooomed. Ha ! That's the spirit, and damn me but I also think I lost 5 kg while playing so many times. Looks good but tastes like hob-goblins. This game made my head spin 720 degrees x 5 times, damm me, what can I say, I am dead meat for good, so bye-bye IWD 2. ARRRRRGH !!!

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Perhaps you should lower the difficulty to "Easy"...

8. Sergiu Gems: 1/31

I'm sorry Blackthorne TA (your Majesty (he-he)), but that's enough for me, I don't want to become again K.O, come on, put yourself in my place. Not a chance at all, I'm going to get a vacation, as for Herdron Kerdos and his terrible ma I reccommend themselves to dig some tunnels underground to escape from the damnable golblins.
    Anyway I just wanted to say tha you have a nice forum, many interesting things I've found here. Good for ye ! Keep up the good work !

See ya !!

9. Quicho Gems: 6/31

Don't give up Sergiu.

Is it your first D&D based cRPG?

I played PnP RPG in my younger days. Then computer RPGs came. Not D&D. I found that mana system (like Diablo) is better for spell based characters. It recovers. You can cast so many spells. These games were piece of cake for me.

Than one of my former PnP RPG friends told me about some good cRPGs. I tried them. I was dissapointed because of my previous experience with Diblo and co. It was a hard time. But what a chalenge. I like chalenge. I like new systems. (Where is 4rd edition ;) ).

Try again. Lower to Easy (as Tal recomended). Learn. Try harder. Go Normal. And one day: HoF awaits you.

Try NWN with rogue first, then with sorceres. It's good, and I think with one character it is easier then IWDII.

10. Greenlion420 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

dude, don't give up. it's worth the strife. i also say load up with six char's.

11. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

hey, i was doing alot worse when i first got ID2, i stayed up for about 3 days doing a trial and error scheme and eventually found a good party. save often, put the difficulty down and never give up!

good luck Sergiu.

12. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31

Dude, Baleful Armor.

That will seriously Help you. If you have dalekeeper, Set up a fighter with that armor, the Mooncalf's shield, the Golden Heart, and the Hands of helm.. Get some rings of spell resist or what not..

If you are gonna cheat, try Items first..

Also, How to be An Adventurer 2nd Ed. ^_^ Might help those Levels abit

And you are try to solo your first go through?> Use a part of 4

Fighter
    Rogue
    Cleric
    Wiz/Sor. (Either or, not a Multi.)

13. ubyduby Gems: 1/31

get Dale Keeper 2 if u want 2 cheat

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.