1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The worst cartoon ever

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Vukodlak, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Following on from the two favorite cartoon topics open at the moment I was wondering what you guys consider to be the worst ever cartoon? And I don't mean sorta bad - I mean the epitomy of badness, the truly horrific, the worst, the pits, the dismal - in one word the Philip Athans of cartoons! :eek: :evil:

For me I think it has to be carebears. I get physically sick whenever I even think of them.

oops...

PS You're not allowed to vote for Slappy's or Nobleman's recent efforts :grin: :grin:

2. UBOS - for those who don't know it is THE worst Harry Potter rip-off in the UNIVERSE. It is gut-blastingly awful. Mind you, it is for kids...

3. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Power Puff Girls, Pokemon just to name a few. They went to far I think.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I really dislike the "new" Tom & Jerry cartoons. The old original ones were awesome but this new ones are truly terrible.

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

It's funny you mention Tom and Jerry. There are a lot of cartoons I can stand, but Tom and Jerry is torture for me. I hate that cartoon with a passion. :p

6. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Batfink... *shakes head in dismay*

7. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Scooby Doo with Scrappy. Why? Why did they add Scrappy? Why?

8. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well for any of the old timers here, I'd like to nominate:

"The Gary Coleman Show" http://us.imdb.com/Title?0287217
    Featuring a cartoon Gary Coleman as a little angel boy, who likes to help people escape from "whacky" Satan....

Unbelievable.

Other good hits from the 80's include:

"Turbo Teen", http://us.imdb.com/Title?0211171
    a kid that when he gets wet, he turns into a car. (??)

Also worth honorary mention is that cartoon where Mr.T drives around with a van full of highschool acrobats (??) and fights crime, can't remember the name of that one though.

Edited to provide proof they really existed, will update if I can remember the name of that damned Mr.T cartoon.

New Edit, yes! found it, it was simply called:

"Mr.T" http://us.imdb.com/Title?0213357
    "Between the kids' acrobatic skill and Mr. T's strength, things don't look too good for crime."

Unbelievable.

[This message has been edited by ArtEChoke (edited March 06, 2002).]

9. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

10. C'Jakob Guest

Those crappy Pokemon and Pokemon-based cartoons. :toofar:

11. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I have to agree with those Pokemon-type cartoons, they bug the hell out of me.

As for the 80's? Anyone remember the weird fad of having "kids" cartoons? The ones that spring to mind are Scooby Doo Kids(or something equally inane), The Flintstone Kids, Tom and Jerry Kids, Captain Caveman Kids, and all that crap. There was this whole rash of them around mid-late eighties. Ugh!

12. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Damona, you missed, "Muppet Babies."

Holy !@#$ that was annoying.

Oh on my list of completely bizarre awful 80s cartoons, I dredged up the worst possible one ever (I think):

"Rubik, the Amazing Cube" http://us.imdb.com/Title?0085082
    Pokemon has nothing on this one. Its a Rubik's Cube with a head, and the most annoying voice I've ever heard, he's like a magic genie, and helps kids (of course), but when he falls down, he gets scrambled, and the kids have to solve him to get his god forsaken head to pop back out again, uuuuggghhh.

13. Serena Lynx Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I dispise Scooby Doo with a passion!

14. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

albert the 5th muskateer. the WORST (i've even used upper case!) ;)

15. PowerPuff Guest

[​IMG] PowerPuff girls, obviously, followed by Scooby Doo (it doesn't really matter if Scrappy's in it or not - it's totally rotten).

16. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Cow and Chicken... Sick.

Scooby Doo really gets to me, I'd like to smash his head in.

17. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Scooby Doo without a doubt.

I don't even know why they show it.

Its ratings should be really low.

18. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Scooby Doo, Power Puff Girls, Pokemon, Cow and Chicken, Mr. Potato Head, Flintstones, Jetsons, Digimon.

19. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] How could you hate the Jetsons, The Flinstones, or Cow and Chicken. And I can understand how you can hate Scooby Doo and the Powerpuff Girls but one part I like about both is they both have character. But, almost all of the shows were the same. I just hated it when like people guest stared on Scooby Doo The GlobeTrotters were the worst. I personly really don't know whats the worst probably either PoKemon, Digimon, or Buzzlightyear that's probably the worst.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.