1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Voyage West RP

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Urgeld Bearpaw sent one of his hands, his giant hands, crashing down on Norin Shipwright's back.

"This is a fine sailing ship you've built my friend."

Norin nodded quickly, readjusting his glasses which had been knocked crooked by Urgeld's bone jarring shoulder slap. Norin then proceeded to leave the big man's company, retreating to his stack of chapbooks. Aewilar Swiftwind proceeded to approach the berserker.

"How soon will we be able to head out? I find myself growing impatient while we stand around."

"As soon as we finish loading the foodstuffs, the Sea Giant so too find a ship to have her crew starve and leave her a drift at sea. The Sea Giant, a fine name for a ship this big."

"Well it sure is better then the name you originally wanted to give her. The Bountiful Mermaid is no name for a long boat. That's the sort of name Ahniya's clerics would give to a pleasure boat."

As Urgeld and Aewilar continued to talk, a young half-elf woman walked up the plank connecting the Sea Giant to the pier. She stopped once Urgeld came into view and began quietly muttering to herself. Her peace was soon interrupted as a burly half-dwarf came running up the same plank and accidently caught her in the back with his shoulder. There was a loud cry of surprise and a loud splash as the half-elf went head first into the water.

"Damn it, drenched to the bone."

"You'd want to be getting out of there missy, that water's about as cold as a valkyrie's teat."

"Oh yes, it's cold, I can't believe I didn't realize that right away."

The half-elf swam over to the ladder on the pier and climbed up.

"You alright? Not frozen to the bone? Anyway, you'd better change out of what you're wearing."

"I'd have been fine if you'd been watching where you where going." she said it sharp, but the smile at the end defused her tone, "Anyway, what where you in such a hurry for?"

"The captain's got to be told that the boys on the dock says we're good to go."

"I didn't catch your name..."

"I'm Haukor Gorreln, son of Einrik Gorreln and you missy?"

"I'm Alandra Songflower, bard extraordinaire.", she grinned.

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Kala shivered. This northern wind was far colder than the stories made it out to be. Or perhaps it was just a particular chilly day. Well, it doesn't really matter, does it, Kala thought, as she walked her way along the docks, trying to avoid the particular muddy patches in the road. No, it doesn't matter at all, as before the day is out the she will be aboard the ship.

Ah yes, the ship. She had heard the rumours about it. The Sea Giant, they called it. Built specifically for this one journey by Urgeld Bearpaw himself. Crewed by the best in the lands. And then there she was - a newly graduate from the acadamy. How could she compare to these greats? Oh well, too late to worry about that now - it'll be a long while before the next trading ship leaves for home if she did decide to change her mind and she had no plans of sticking around this place for any longer than needed. So no, that was no option.

And there it was - just as she had been told. The massive long boat, resting there at the docks. Finding a crate opposite the ships gangplank, she sat down, resting her pack down beside her feet.

"More than enough time," Kala muttered quietly to herself as she fished some dried meat out from her pack.

Before long a figure appeared at the bottom of the gangplank. A half elf. In itself nothing special, but the weapons, on the other hand, that hung from her side - these Kala could not take her eyes off. Everyone seems armed, she thought. Perhaps I should have prepared a bit better. Her fingers rested upon her staff, with a small chuckle. "Well, who's to say that I can't fight with this thing," she said under her breath, as she stood.

As she finished chewing the dried meat, Kala walked over towards the gangplank, trying to supress a grin as the elf went flying into the water. A good start to a long journey. Reaching the gangplank Kala took a deep breath before starting her climb up to the ship. Here we go, no turning back now.

"...We're good to go," were the first words she heard as she reached the end of the gangplank. Seems I got her just in time. Hearing the dwarf and elf introduce themselves, she slowly walked over towards the group, her eyes darting around trying to take in all the sights, smells and sounds of the ship. The ship she'll have to live on for Shoulang knows how long.

Reaching the party, she looked up at the massive figure and preformed a small bow.

"Kala of Lyonesse," she said in a quiet voice. "I believe this must be the Sea Giant".

3. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Berethain was late, damn the mead, he'd slept in. He had arrived in town the night before and found a room, then a tavern, then the floor, then a fight and finally his bed. Now he might miss the boat and miss out on a grand adventure.

Turning a corner, he sighted the the ship, The Sea Giant it was called. Breaking into a full sprint he arrived to the gangplank just after a dwarf knocked an elf into the water. Coming up short of knocking a young woman over, he followed the group up the plank.

Hearing the introductions, he smiled "And I'm Berethain, greetings to all."

4. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Trailen stood quietly across the street from the grand ship, the Sea Giant it was called. He watched as people began to arrive, one dwarves, an elf and two humans.

Knowing that if he waited much longer he would not get aboard he broke from the wall and strode across and up the gang plank after the young man, he saw the others introduce themselves and followed suit.

"I'm Trailen" he said in a quiet, rough voice.

With that he wandered off to the edge of the ship to look out on the horizon, and to calm his nerves.

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

"From the looks of it, we're ready to head out of on open water.", said Urgeld, his head gazing over the elves, dwarves, humans and other races crewing the Sea Giant.
    "It's time to set sail into the ballads of bards and maybe into myth itself.", Urgeld's powerful voice was easily heard across the vessel, "Cast off the mooring ropes. The strongest will be needed to row us out of the harbor."
    Urgeld looked towards the ogre down at the front end of the ship.
    "Mogrub, that means you're rowing, you lazy brute."
    The big ogre scowled and those around him could hear him mutter something about hating sailing.
    Urgeld turned to Berethain, "you're a strong looking fellow like myself like myself, why don't you come join me down on the oars."
    Aewilar turned to Norin, "We're in sailing shape I trust."
    "The best we'll be in a barbaric design like this."

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Alandra walked up beside Trailen, looking off over the side of the boat.
    "I've always thought Zares was a strange god. He's an outcast, but feels the need to exist within society. He seeks revenge on his enemies terms. I think I'd be more like Felusia and seek revenge by corrupting and destroying the very society they worked to create. He does have baatezu blood coursing through his veins though, order is part of his very essence... the union of god and devil.
    "That's a strange starting conversation isn't it? I'm Alandra Songflower, if you didn't already know. That amulet you keep hidden attracted my attention."

7. Benan Gems: 20/31

"Thats sounds like a good plan. Some hard rowing will get rid of the mead pains I'm suffering." Berethain replied as he followed Mogrub to the oars. Grabbing one in his large hands, he prepared for the command to row,

8. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Corth walked up the gangplank, with his head down and looking at his boots. As he walked onto the ship, he could feel someone, or, some people looking at him. Quickly looking up, he saw the faces of various people, and, quickly he said;
    "I'm Corth Redfeather."
    Before anyone could reply his head went back down looking at his boots. As he was walking away, hedrew his cloak in, and he quickly walked to the prow of the ship away from everyone else. And stared out to sea.

Corth hunched over the side of the ship - The Sea Giant - and slowly drew out his holy symbol from underneath his shirt, and he looked at it, a strange gleam came into his eyes and a grin slowly slides across his face.
    "You're not going to get me you know? You're not." Corth seemed to say at the amulet, rather than any particular person. He didn't even seem to be talking to himself. Or maybe he was?
    Corth slid the symbol on the chain back underneath his shirt and drew his heavy cloak around himself. He then rubbed at his scraggly beard. And grimaced.

9. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Trailen looked briefly towards Alandra, suddenly he felt a pressure build up in his head like something trying to escape, he quickly looked back at the horizon pushing any emotions that had seeped through his guard out of his mind. The pressure receeded.

"The conversation is no stranger than many things in this world. Zares found me at a young age, Alone. He has never left my side. I am unwanted, just like he."

Trailen felt the a small pang of anger begin to rise, the pressure returned. Grimacing slightly he fought for control. The pressure receeded again, but Trailen knew he had to be more careful.

10. Benan Gems: 20/31

"Tell me Mogrub, why are you here? Why did you agree to this adventure." Berethain asked as he sat with the oar resting on his knees.

"I came because of the promise of adventure. I enjoy my family are nomads to the life on the road comes easily to me, and adventure promises some fun either in battle or discovery."

11. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The cat waited, sensing its prey near. He heard the rustling of a rat, behind a stack of barrels in the hold of the ship. His long, sleek body quivered in anticipation. A few scuffles later and the rat was out in the open. The cat pounced, its dark grey body lithe and graceful. The rat squeaked, but only for a second before its spine was snapped.

The cat didn't feel like playing with his food this morning. He was fairly hungry after sleeping for a day and a half.

He took his booty back to one of his lairs, under a large pile of rope in the back of a hold. He tore into his breakfast with vigor.

The cat went up on deck. Many men were out and about on the deck today. The cat climbed up one of the masts and took a spot on a beam. There was always the chance that a seagull would be careless.

He had only tasted seagull three times, but the memory of flesh sweeter than rat kept him always trying to get lucky again.

[ January 06, 2007, 05:06: Message edited by: Scot ]

12. Arrow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Silandris woked up as he heard some noise.He cleansed his dusty robes and streched.He looked at his bow and rembered what happened last night.That ,bastard he mummbled in his chin.Now…where is my dagger,he looked around the store-room, here it is.He picked it up and pushed it in his sleave.This dagger was a gift from his mother , she taught him how to use it.For a moment he forgot about time as he visualized her face,and his childhood. He snaped out of it as he heard that noise again.
    Hidden in shadows he approuched the source.As he thought, it was just a rat.He prepared to leave his hiding as suddenly cat quiuck as shadow attacked its prey.It was over in a second. Nature always seized to amaze him. Circle of life ,he slowly wispered.Something about that animal intrigued him.The cat left and he abandoned the shadows following her to the deck.He had some explaining to do,as he knew they have already set sail.

[ January 06, 2007, 15:44: Message edited by: Arrow ]

13. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Trailen stood at the side of the ship as it began to move. He felt his heart begin to pound hard in his chest, he began to breath long and deep in an effort to calm himself, he felt it begin to work and cursed himself...that was three times since he'd boarded the ship that he had almost lost control!

He turned to Alandra and spoke for no other reason than to take his mind off his nerves and jubilation.

"I can assure you that revenge is not what brought me here despite my choice of God, although my reasons are my own." He turned back to the horizon "So what of you? What brings you on this mighty adventure?"

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Max woke with a start at first unsure where he was, then it all came back to him. The Order accusing him of burning down the inn he had stayed at, the chace, finding the ship and hideing in the cargo hold. He winced at the memory and wondered what in the hells he had he got himself into this time. Picking up his staff, he hoped he could explain himself to the captain. Just as he was about to head up the the deck he wondered where Celo was, but didn't bother looking for her. She was around somewhere.

15. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Kala sighed. Standing at the stern of the long boat she pulls her cloak tightly around herself. Partly to keep out the cold, as the town of Coldriver drifted slowly away. She sighed lightly again and turned her back on the fading town to find somewhere out of the wind to sit down.

A few minutes later, Kala found herself sitting down on the rough wooden floor, her back against a crate. Her bag beside her was lying open with a heavey book sitting open on her lap. While one hand held the book open as her eyes took in the words, her other hand subconciously fingered the ring that hung around her neck.

16. Arrow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

As he stepped on to the deck he eagerly inhaled fresh ,salty sea air and thanked Iphemele on his life with all of his being.He closed his eyes and listened to the sound of crushing waves,and seagull scream.When he opened them he noticed they were already at the open sea ,and decided its time to meet with the captain ,well known Urgeld Bearpow.His ability to turn in the great bear was legendary among his people,
    And the storys about him were heard often enough.
    Founding him was quite easy as his sturdiness was unmistakable.
    He apruched him and said

''My name is Silandris ,I had no choice but to aboard your boat earlier last night and take refuge in your storage''

'' I hope you do not resent''

17. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

"Me?" Alandra smiled, "I have many reasons for being here. First off, what better chance to I have to right a grand epic then in the company of Urgeld Bearpaw? Glory and fame seem to follow him like a smitten farm girl. Also Loex Grovisv Isle is said to be the final resting place of dragons, at least that's what the sages say. So if it is the final resting place for at least some of the dragons of Waern, the wealth that can be found there is bound to incredible. With the wealth and powerful items I can find there, I am sure to be able to deal with a certain problem troubling me."

18. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Noticing the book in Kala's hand Norin approached.

"Are you literate too? God knows there aren't many of us out there, let alone in these lands."

19. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Urgeld looked up from his oar at Silandris.

"I have no problem with taking refuge on this ship because I can always throw you over board if I don't like what you do." Urgeld chuckled slighly, "So long as you make yourself useful you're welcome to stay, but the ship doesn't have the resources aboard to provide for someone who can't work for his keep."

Urgeld turned his focus to his rowers quickly, as the ship was no longer in the harbor.

"Pull the oars in, it now time for Narbral to drive us and Yuteko to guide us."

20. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    "I am sure we all have our secrets to keep Alandra, I will enquire no further." Trailen Smiled, something he had not done for a long while, he felt the pressure begin to build up again worse than before and his happiness melted away, with it his smile. He looked away quickly, hiding his face from Alandra, he breathed deeply...he needed to be alone, to gather his thoughts...

"If you'll...excuse me" he managed to mutter before doing his best to walk away...The hold would be quiet he thought to himself and headed below deck past a man clutching a staff. The pressure was still there banging at the side of his skull, not so bad now, but if he was going to keep control on this journey he needed time alone.

He stumbled down into the hold and collapsed, leaning against a pile of boxes. He closed his eyes and relaxed his muscles...he began to hum his favourite tune, he had learnt it as a child, its familiar sound calmed him although he had long forgotten the words, it allowed him to smile and think freely without fear...He let his mind drift...he would return to the deck in an hour or so.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.