1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Two Towers

Discussion in 'Playground' started by idoru, Oct 27, 2002.

1. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] I saw that this game has now been released... here is the description, from the official website:

Has anyone tried this? Is it really as bad as it sounds? I mean, I wasn't exactly expecting a big and involving RPG (no mass appeal), but I was hoping for something that would at least fall into the "adventure" genre.. this sounds like all out action to me.

And then, of course, I can't help but think that the video content on the cd has been thrown in to make LotR fans buy it no matter how bad it is, just to see those clips from the new movie, and so on.

Has anyone tried it? I hate sounding so judgemental, especially since I've only read that description, but it really bothered me.. :(

2. Ark Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Hey it's great i bought it.If you have a PS2, buy it.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It is an all-out action, hack & slash action arcade, and nothing more. Dumbed down to the max to appeal to the highest possible number of players. Still, I haven't played it, and I heard the graphics are very good, so it might even be fun. Unless you're such a fan of the core story you'd choke on such bastardization of it.

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

*sigh*

There's really, really good games. Like the kind that change your entire perspective on gaming since 1975. Then there's games that could have been really, really good if they hadn't blown it so badly.

Then there are games that have absolutely no redeeming factor, not even in your imagination, and the entire development team should be burned at the stake using old Formula1 Goodyear tires. Not to mention the publisher.

Make that twice. Burned at the stake twice, and the ashes mixed with raw sewage before being scattered at sea.

I'm going to have to say I'm leaning towards the stakes, but I'll do some reading on the game before I make the call. I'll try to keep an open mind.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a hardcore "Tolkien" fan. I realize his son put together a whole slew of stuff after JRR passed away, and although it's based on factual information, it ain't from The Man. But the Trilogy is fairly set in stone; hell, he had to revamp The Hobbit in order to do it (damn those lying Hobbits), so there was a bit of *thinking* (<<< obvious non-episode1 reference) going on during those Finest Hours...

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

[​IMG] Sorry about revising an old topic.
    I hired this game out this weekend. It's pathetic. It took about 2 hours for me to finish this game on it's hardest setting. The graphics are really good but that's about it. There is really no story at all.

All in all it's a pathetic game and certainly not worth buying.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.