1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Tomes ****** spoiler ******

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Shoshino, Aug 5, 2001.

1. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    i enjoy using the tomes to up my char's stats in BG, and i was wondering if i have missed any, if so where?

Charisma : Gnoll stronghold
    constitution : Sil's cave
    Dexterity : thiefs guild
    Strength : The lost library
    Wisdom : the lost library
    Wisdom : Durlag's tower
    Intelligence : the wizards tower in baulders gate

anymore? :)

2. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Pickpocket the head priest in the Lady's Hall for a wisdom tome. (The temple in the northwest section of BG, the area with the Hall of Wonders.)

3. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Don't do that. You'll need the priest's book later.

4. Shoshino

Media:
    does killing her work too?

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

you dont need the priest book, if you helped Tiana (can't remember the name) instead of the farmers, you can request that she hands over the SPOILER

body of the kid, and you will get it. Then you will have both boy and book ;)

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited August 05, 2001).]

6. Shoshino

Media:
    huh? i believe we are talking about a different temple, not the boy umberlee quest we are talking about the lady's house north of the temple of wonders

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Out of interest, where's the lost library?

8. Shoshino

Media:
    candle keep

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I know, but you're supposed to give that book to the umberlee people in that quest, though if helped the seabitch you can get the body anyway and keep the book (without killing everyone)

10. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

ure sussposed to use the book of wisdom u get from the priest to cure the guy with geas so that he will give u the antidote, after he tells u where to meet him after u have the cure just go the and pickpocket him and u wont have to use the tome to cure the geas and yourself

11. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

There are two quest concerning the temple of Umberlee. The first (get the kid's body) is done by paying 2000 gold. The second (removing Lothander's geas) is done by getting the wisdom tome from the Lady's Hall. This is not necessary however, as you can just pickpocket the head priestess for the geas removal scroll.

12. Acemandoo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I wonder....
    BG2 SPOILER
    this Geas removal scroll your all whining on about. If you were to start BG2 multiplayer and import someone after the beginning with this scroll, could you get yoshimos geas out of him before he died?

13. Slackertoast Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Just some advice for someone going into Candlekeep for the Tomes...You will need a thief with high open locks(greater than 60) to open the crypts for the books.I only say 60 cause thats all my thief had at the time.I was able to open one crypt(wis) with a 23 Str. The strength book I could not open with force.I don't know if knock would work, didn't have a M-U.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  15. Shoshino

Media:
    knock works, i always use a mage to open locks, imoen is useless

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

She isn't useless. She get's many locks open and the few locks at wich she fails, ok then you can use knock with your mage....

Hmm I knew the tome of strength is in the large chair in the "maze" under Candlekeep but is there also a tome of Wisdom?

About that one in the Temple, you should choose between one higher wisdom and a dead boy and a dead mistress...

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited August 14, 2001).]

17. Shoshino

Media:
    the tome of wisdom is in the southern most tomb

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Ah now I remember it again... been a long time ago when I where in the underground of Candlekeep...

19. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I just did Candlekeep Catacombs - and you CAN force the lock to the crypt with the STR Tome. It took me 25 STR - 23 from the potion and +2 from DUHM.

20. Moridin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] When you have the wisdom tome go to the temple of umberlee. Then when she asks for the tome say you don't trust her and demand the geas scroll first. She might turn hostile then, but I can't remember.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.