1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The things, people and places that annoy the hell out of you

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Runescarred, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] ... because not everything would fit into the 'venting' thread. What do you hate, people? :)

2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Rude, dishonest people, disease, oppression, rainy days, and rats.

My likes are polite, honest people, cures, freedom, sunny days, and fluffy puppies.

Oh wait - that's Ms. Universe. :p Or Ms. August.

(I like how they boldly venture into the geopolitical realm nowadays too and hold forth on things like "the Iraq." ;) )

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

PG rating springs in my mind first.

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Overcrowded trams. And people insisting on entering despite that, even though the next one is just a minute away. They then stand at the doors, usually in the sensor barrier, because there is no space anywhere else, the tram is full after all, resulting in the doors not closing, and the tram being late etc. pp. Meh.

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmmm...
    • People who don't respect other people's belongings
    • Utah drivers
    • Flaky people (not punctual)
    • Canadian drivers (Alberta plates)
    • France
    • Utah's 3.2% limit on all beer in the state
    • French-Canadians
    • Women taller than me
    • Politics
    • Feminist women who are taller than me :mommy:
    • This paper cut I got last night
    • Snow
    • Most insects
    • Tomboys who don't like it when you treat them like women, but get pissed off when you talk to them like they're "one of the guys".
    • The way many of you foreigners pronounce 'aluminum' (there’s only one ‘i’ damnit!!!)
    • Any temperature lower than 70° (21°C)
    • Having to list two temperatures for people who can’t do simple math
    • The F***ING retarded a** metric system (I get it, everything's divisible by 10...big F***ING woop! If metric is so awesome, why can't it be applied to time?!?! :hmm: )
    • People who can't accept/admit that they're wrong.
    • People like Splunge and Morgy who read what I say and not what I mean...thereby pointing out that my memory sucks. :p

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    People who can't do simple math:

Because 70°F is just over 21°C

:p

7. Kitrax

Media:
    Yeah, yeah, yeah....I was doing that from memory. One of the machines I work on is set to 18° while the other one is set to 21.5°. I knew one of them was about 70°-ish(F). I obviously got them mixed up.....that may explain why that machine wasn't working properly last week... :eek:

Speaking of temperature, it's really annoying that the machines at work use the retarded metric system for Temps when the process we run have to be hell'a precise. There's only 100° between the freezing and boiling point of water in Celsius, while there's a 180° difference in Fahrenheit. One of the tools I work on the most has a temp setpoint of 0°C. The process warns at 1°C and aborts at 5°C. Now, that's a 1° to 5° buffer zone...but in Fahrenheit, that's a 1.8° to 9° buffer. I don't know about you, but when a single wafer costs the company about $650...I'd want that tool to have the most accurate measurements.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

- Gnats, Mosquitoes, any other flying bug that seems to think that my bald head is a beacon of goodness for them to chomp on.
    - Slow drivers, drivers that don't signal, drivers that have no idea of what basic drivers etiquette is when on the open road. Basically, all the other drivers!;)
    - Big, fat, slow moving people who block the entire lane at the grocery store. Especially the ones who won't move when they KNOW they are blocking everyone else. Inconsiderate a-holes.
    - Reality TV.
    - And most importantly......OPRAH!!!!!

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Which has the same accuracy as Celsius, just add 273.15 :confused:

My list:
    - crowds
    - computers
    - tv (there are some good exceptions, but it's not worth having one.)

10. Kitrax

Media:
    Huh? Didn't know that. That being the case....I'll take care of that.

11. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My list...

• Rude, rowdy or loud, arrogant and inconsiderate people.
    • Crowded places, seems like a number of us hates this.
    • Also hate it when people forcefully crams into overloaded trains or buses or boats.
    • In fast food chains, I hate it when you've been queuing in line for 2-3 minutes, when the people in front of you gets to order, they still needed another 2-3 minutes to decide what they want to order and takes another minute to actually finalize the order.
    • People who suddenly needs to stop on their tracks and conveniently blocking the whole way.
    • Pedestrians who don't know how to cross the street. I.E., it takes forever for them to cross, crossing while texting on their cell. And when they reach the other side, they don't completely cross the street but stays on the side to, again, conveniently blocking your way. This is especially something I hate when I'm biking... all those unnecessary brakes or swerves to avoid them.
    • People who can't seem to shut up when watching a movie.

12. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

* PG-13 rated action or horror movies
    * Videogames being constantly dumbed down
    * Anime\manga
    * Boybands
    * Reality-shows
    * 4th edition D&D (also dumbed down beyon repair)
    * World of Warcraft
    * Paris Hilton
    * Lindsay Lohan
    * MTV music
    * Biblehumpers
    * Lady Gaga
    * Computer trouble
    * Christopher Paulini
    * Posers
    * Loud people
    * Movie remakes. Seriously! They are remaking Escape form New York, Child`s Play, Commando, The Running Man, Total Recall, Robocop, and about 60 more (I am not kidding) movies in the next 4 years.

13. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hmmm, now that you've mentioned movie remakes. I really hate it when Hollywood remakes a movie from another country, why things must suddenly be Americanized. Even if the story/plot was very native to that country, they have to squeeze in an obviously awkward American character into it.

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It would be ideal to use something you don't understand? :nuts:

I think your employer needs to worry about more than a $650 wafer.

:p :p

15. Kitrax

Media:
    I'm familiar with Kelvin in regards to light color in photography and in HID lights.

16. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's why it's called color temperature. It's the hue an ideal black-body radiator will emit at that temperature.

17. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    People who use more than 1 card at a cash machine.
    People who drive really slowly on narrow roads.
    Toilets that take loads of effort to flush.
    People who pay with small change right in front of you in the queue.
    Cars with really small engines.
    Cans pulls that come clean off without opening the can.
    Coarse toilet paper.
    Toilets abroad that you have to put the dirty toilet roll in a bin (ewww!!!).
    Pubs that obviously don't clean their pipes.
    Restaurants that charge a lot, then end up serving utter garbage.
    Barmen who seem to serve everyone before you at the bar.
    Drivers who don't wave thanks when you concede the right of way to them.
    People who don't buy you a drink back, when you have bought them one.
    Fans at a football match that ***** and ***** and ***** at the players and have only negative things to say, then clap and cheer with everyone else when the team scores.
    Girls who are ugly, yet still leave the house.
    The noise my fan makes.
    Toothache.
    Americans who seem to think their war of independance was a big blow to the British Empire.
    Argentinians, in general.
    When my hair gets long, it wilts and curls no matter how much hair gel I put on it, and is impossible to style.
    People who smoke menthol cigarettes.
    Pool players who don't play to score, but play to put you in the mire with every shot.
    The fact I need a new graphics card, but only have a 400w PSU, so need to replace that as well.
    The tax man.
    People who do not clean up after the ess their dog makes.
    Cat owners.

Ermm... that's it for now. I'll add more when I'm in a bad mood and the complaints flow.

18. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    God damn Tobey ****ing Macguire

19. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    BARMY! As an ugly girl who goes out the house I object to your remarks about us uggoes.
    We need to go out and get the silly putty that makes our faces all minging :lol:

20. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Drivers who give you the finger when you surrender your own right of way to them when they're about to cause a major accident.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.