1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Tanner in Umar Hills

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by AK_Rooster, Nov 11, 2001.

1. AK_Rooster Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

You know the quest to solve the murders in the bridge district well i completed it after i killed the guy i dont want to say were he is and how it all goes . Well inside the building were he was .There is a note that says about a tanner in umar hills waiting . I am not sure how to approach him anyone ever done it before does it end up to a quest to stop him ?

Thanks for your time!

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

If you talk to him, and say/do everything that you are meant to, he will tell you that he can improve the human flesh armour that you should have found in the Tanner's house, but you need the blood of a silver dragon...

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited November 11, 2001).]

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Yeah, the letter tells you the name (more or less, mostly less) of the guy.

You'll find him out in Umar, right outside the inn. When you talk to him, buy the book, and exit the menu. He'll initiate dialogue with you, and ask you for his name. If you get it right, he tells you he needs silver dragon blood to finish it. You might have to wait until chapter 3 to find him, I'm not sure.

Nothin' 'extra-ordinary' about it. Until you get the blood, then it's different...

4. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

i never got that thing with the letter! it never came out for me :(

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

The armor isn't better then the Night's Gift and wearable for Evil characters only. The quest is also for evil only, so when you aren't evil, don't do this quest!

Whne you killed the Tanner and thugs in the Bridge Destrict, you'll get a letter and human flesh, the letter reverses to Umar Hills. There you can talk with one of the guys outside, Feal. Reveal his real name and then talk to him, say who he really is and he will give you the quests to upgrade Human Flesh, you need Silver Dragon Blood for that. The only silverdargon is Adalon, who helps you to escape from the Underdark later.

6. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Human flesh not handy?
    The human flesh does give 10% magic res IIRC
    It can imagine someone with 90%magic res really appreciating it

7. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hi,

The biggest bonus for the human flesh armor is the +4 to all saving throws, that is huge.

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

8. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Hmmm im missing out here, I never got this armour because I always thought it was just AC3, no bonus's.

And when you get it in the tannor shop I always get human flesh, no armour.

Could someone explain it all to me thank you.

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] MrWriter, read this and then find a scanner instead of wasting time in here... ;)

Ok, Human Flesh Armor has this stats:
    AC 3
    +4 bonus to saving throws
    20% bonus to magic resistance
    unusable by mages and non-evil freaks ;)

You get this armor ONLY if you bring blood of silver dragon to the dude in Umar Hills (to put this as a quest, you must figure out what is he called based on the note that said you buy a book of Zentharim, or something...)
    But is this armor worth killing Adalon? Nah.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 12, 2001).]

10. Demonater351 Guest

Don't kill Adalon! You want Drow swarming all over the place? I know that's what an evil dude would do, but still, if I was evil, I wouldn't wish that fate on my worst enemy's dog!

I remember when I dragged that Flesh armor from under the bed and read the description. Good gawd, the stuff they think up sometimes. I stuffed that back under the bed, then went to Umar and killed that merchant.

11. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Drow swarming all over the place?
    Ok, so kill Adalon, and kill all drow.
    If you can beat that dragon, you surely can beat the drow

12. wittynewt Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hi,

My first time through was with a good party, hence the armor would have been no good to me, and of course I didn't kill Adalon.

My second time through is with a good party too, just gone into chapter 4, so no go there either.

My third and fourth parties have a mix of evil/non evil characters. Both in chapter 2 at present.

I still can't bring myself go for the armor, the benefits look great, but I just can't turn fully to the dark side.......

As to drow swarming.... I got stuck in drow central on my first time through, (didn't exit stage left as quickly as I should have done) and had to kill all of the drow before I could leave. It wasn't that hard, it took awhile though.

Cheers,

WittyNewt.

[This message has been edited by wittynewt (edited November 13, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.