1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Story of the Stave - Part One

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Ancalìmon, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Ok people, this is (hopefully) the start of a long story. The intention is as follows:
    I write the first part, then someone adds a part, and so on... Please stay within the limits of the main story. I would like to make this a very good story, so please no crazy and impossible texts. I have been writing fantasy stories for myself for a long time, and now I want to test what the world thinks about it. You may add characters, names, locations, towns, and other fantasy elements so that we create a complety fantasy world.
    (Maybe a stupid question, but SP, do I stay within forum rules if I do this?)

The story is as follows:

Iliith'Hen is an elf, adopted and raised by an aristocratic family. They found him lying near the edge of a forest. As Illiith'Hen grew up, he found that he didn't belong between rich, greedy people, so he ran. He wandered the 7 kingdoms, looking to solve the great mystery of his past. when he was traveling through the dwarven kingdom, he encountered a dwarf named Glamrod. Glamrod's family was slaughtered by a band of marauding orcs while he was chopping wood in the forest. When he returned to his house, it was already too late. Glamrod swore revenge on the bodies of his beloved and left on his quest of vengeance. 3 months after these incidents, Glamrod encountered Iliith'Hen. They decided to journey together, each step bringing them closer to an unknown fate.

Now, 2 Ferïn later(1 Ferïn = 1.5 years), they have found themselves in a dangerous situation. Yesterday, Glamrod found a remarkably straight wooden pole next to a broken chest on the side of the road. Ever since, they have felt uneasy, constantly looking over their shoulders every minute. They have the feeling they are being followed. Their fear is now almost unbearable. They are searching for a town to settle for a while in safety. But as soon as they arrive in the tavern of the town of Dhennon, they find themselves being stared at, almost threatened. When they ask the barkeeper for a drink, he replies:...

Now it's up to you guys! :D

[ January 31, 2003, 15:12: Message edited by: Ancalìmon The Wise ]

2. Kuldaharian Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] do you want some gold...i know is the job of a mercenary but we need adventurers like u...we have a problem....the whole town needs help...

3. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

"Then tell me, friend, what is your problem? We are wanderers, not mercenaries, but some coin would surely help us" Iliith'Hen replied.

4. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Ancalimon, yes; this sort of thing is allowed, but it's in the wrong Forum. It should be in Creativity Surge. Anyway:

Iliith'Hen replies courtly: "No indeed, Sir, we simply require a place to rest our aching backs and some wine to quench our searing throats..." He looks down as the dwarf coughs lightly, "...and perhaps a few ales for my dwarven friend."
    But the seemingly stubborn innkeeper replies:

5. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

"I regret sir, but I must insist. If you refuse, I would have to ask you to leave this tavern at once" the barkeeper replied. Something about the man's tone raised mistrust in Iliith'Hen's heart. Glamrod clearly didn't like the barkeeper, too.

6. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Then when he turned his back,he heard some laughings from the dark corner of the bar.

7. Errol Gems: 23/31

Iliith'Hen spun around and stared intensely at the barkeeper, whilst the dwarf stood his own against the multitude of smelly foresters and miners in the tavern.

Just as Iliith'Hen was about to fly over the bar into the Barkeeper, the dwarf asked "Iliith'Hen, you foolish elf, let us go; nothing good can come out of this."

8. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

*forget this part*, gopher's part is better

[ January 31, 2003, 15:47: Message edited by: Ancalìmon The Wise ]

9. Errol Gems: 23/31

Iliith'Hen and Glamrod walked out of the stinking Tavern with cries of mockery and laughter behind them, now where would they go?

Wearily Glamrod surveyed the town. The district they were in represented no more than a few ramshackle houses and whoreshacks. Looking east saw the merchants area, whereas west lay the noble district.

Glamrod looked up to Iliith'Hen to see where they would go next...

10. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Iliith'Hen decided to look for a place to spend the night. As they went into the town, a strange shadow could faintly be seen crossing the street behind them...

[ January 31, 2003, 16:24: Message edited by: Ancalìmon The Wise ]

11. Errol Gems: 23/31

As Iliith'Hen and Glamrod surveyed the street behind them, the stave in their pack vibrated lightly, as if it was being called by some unknown power...

Not thinking about their situation, they grabbed their back and ran as fast as their legs could carry them; all too aware of the dark shadow following them.

12. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

While they were fleeing, Iliith'Hen started feeling strange. Despite the evil chasing them, he felt a sudden wave of courage and determination enclosing him, and it made him stop in his tracks. Glamrod halted, and yelled to Illith'Hen: "You stupid elf! by Gedrin's Beard,(a dwarven leader from ancient times)run you fool! Watever that thing is, we can't defeat it!" But Illith'Hen did not run. Instead he reached for his trusty scimitar, Hèlowain, and prepared himself for battle. Glamrod realised the elf was not going to run, so he too reached for his axe, the same axe he used to chop wood in better times. After his family died, he named his weapon Srongar, meaning 'moarn' in dwarven speak. and so they stood, ready to face the threat...

13. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    * time for a new character *

as the shadow approached and wood elf walked out of the tavern and saw Iliith'Hen and Glamrod standing with wepons drawn facing nothing he could see, as the shadow was standing in a shadow, as Melfdale studyed Iliith'Hen and Glamrod he ran to his house across the street to grab his longbow "Fly True" and a quiver of arrows (sorry about the name its kinda cheesy but i couldnt think of anything else).....

14. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Well, not a bad idea but I suggest you give the elf a name, and the bow's name should be something like 'Fhelnsörn' meaning Fly True. Go on with your part of the story please...

15. Dalveen

Media:
    * i said my elf's name its Melfdale *

Melfdale began to notch his bow and aim with deadly accuracy, as Iliith'Hen saw this he cried "STOP!! We mean u no harm, plz help us, there is a deadly evil hding in the shadows over there"
    Suddenly Melfdales sharp Elven eyes picked up the movment and swung his bow round and fired an arrow at it, which only deflected of the shadows semingly invisible armour
    "protection spell, damn" thought Melfdale
    "RUN!" shouted Melfdale, and Iliith'Hen and Glamrod turned and ran as fast as they could down the street in the direction of the guard post.
    The shadw turned to address Melfdale, relizing he would have to deal with the Elf before chasing the other two.
    As Melfdal saw the shadow turning to charge him he ran into his house and straight to his safe to pull out his enchanted arrows, as he racked through the safe it dawned on him that he only had 1 left and would have to call upon all his accuracy to send the shot on a true course for the target.
    Once he had the arrow he ran out of the house and nocked the enchanted arrow onto Fhelnsörn and breathed deeply to keep his concentration on the tip of his arrow to guide it true. The misterious shadow realizing this arrow will break through his protection charged at Melfdale as fast as it could. But there was one problem, it had to run through light and reveal its true identity, which it did not want anyone to know till it had finished with Iliith'Hen and Glamrod
    in a split second decision it decided to take the risk and ran towards Melfdale while he picked out and point for instant death as he wont have another chance to get past his protection.
    As the creature ran out of the shadow Melfdale realised it was ......
    *some one carry on here as i think ive done my bit for just now*

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    yet another new character will join the fun

The street was full of shadows. Kibrani watched from one of them as the dwarf and elf made their stand, only to turn and run again when someone shouted. When the darkness diverted towards the doorway where the archer was drawing his bow, she drew a long dagger from her boot and crept forward until she had a clear shot at the neck of the...

;)

17. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Hehe..Looks like we have a lot of characters here. But Iliith'Hen and Glamrod won't run, why else would I write that they felt an incredible courage coming? go on, I'm very interested how this is going to end... :D

18. Dalveen

Media:
    * they ran because an much older and wiser elf with a bow pointed at there head told them too*
    As Melfdale stood there, ready to fire his bow, he suddenly got cought by an inexplainable fear. Unable to do anything, the creature quickly approached. Suddenly he recognised the strange shape of the shadow; it was an Ulder'Geìn, a demon from ancient times. It had a large, wolf-like body, with a huge head, resembling that of a monstrous goat skull. The skull whas drenched in blood, the body was rotting and all sorts of discusting maggots and worms could be seen on th e body. As the Ulder'Geìn was charging at him Melfdale was struck with horror at the Ulder'Geìn grotesque features, Melfdale making the stupid mistake of not listening to his brain for once was punished as the Ulder'Geìn came crashing into him, Melfdale was preparing to be beaten to death by the Ulder'Geìn untill he realized the Ulder'Geìn was not moving, Melfdale opened his eyes to see Kibrani standing there with her knife stuck into the throat of the Ulder'Geìn.
    "Thank you" said Melfdale in his state of shock. Melfdale was in shock for two reasons, he had faltered as a warrior and did not kill the Ulder'Geìn because of him being struck with horror even though he was an imediate threat to Melfdale's life, secondly an unknown stranger had just saved his life. At the same time Melfdale was pleasd that one of the Elves most hated enimies were dead and they cant reproduce to spawn more scum.
    "It was a pleasure." replyed Kibrani
    "What is your name stranger?" enquired Melfdale
    "My name is Kibrani, and yours is?"
    "My name is Melfdale, and i think we should go find that Elf and Dwarf we just saved.
    With that said Melfdale and Kibrani wandered off to look for Iliith'Hen and Glamrod.

[ February 02, 2003, 16:25: Message edited by: Dalveen ]

19. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

Eh...I'm having a little problem following the story now, but I think I get it. Elven Council splitting up 2 friends becouse one of them isn't an Elf? Eh... Let's just put it this way:

As Melfdale stood there, ready to fire his bow, he suddenly got cought by an inexplainable fear. Unable to do anything, the creature quickly approached. Suddenly he recognised the strange shape of the shadow; it was an Ulder'Geìn, a demon from ancient times. It had a large, wolf-like body, with a huge head, resembling that of a monstrous goat skull. The skull whas drenched in blood, the body was rotting and all sorts of discusting maggots and worms could be seen on th e body...

Then...(you continue now!)

20. Dalveen

Media:
    yeh ok ur idea was better ive put the idea into my last post as an edit

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.