1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The "spy"

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Paragon, Apr 13, 2001.

1. Paragon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi, for those of you who dont know me, Im Paragon, ALFA Admin, and DM guy. I have recently received a grievance from an undisclosed source, dealing with you and your guild.As such, I must ask that:
    1)all posts,ICQ messages, and e-mails regarding the "spy" be sent to me at
    paragon@iamlost.net
    2)no further action be taken against the accused person until this is resolved.
    What has happened here is a travesty, and has been causing quite a bit of discussion from the admins as late.If I am not granted access to the above information, I will personally ban your guild from ALFA. I hope it does not come to that, as it would be bad.
    :)

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Interesting... I wasn't aware any action had been taken against anyone as of yet...

So, who (if anyone) is going to provide this information as the gentleman asks? And what have you naughty people been doing behind the scenes?

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited April 13, 2001).]

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Damn, too bad I'm not a member there. I would take responsibility for spieing because I'm interested in consequences too...

4. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

All the evidence against the spy Diedra Darkmoon and her avatar who has broken the ALFA charter has been sent to Kellith and Darpaek, I tried to send it to Albereth but his mail seems unoperative, I am happy to send it to you too Paragon. I am happy to run it on the front page of ALFA or the front page of Sorcerers Place if you like. I and all the members of my guild have acted honourably throughout as the evidence clearly shows. Shall we let the gaming community decide?

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm backing up Erran 100% on this. Heck, all the evidence against the spy comes from me and Darien anyway.
    I have sent the original log data from ICQ to Albereth already, I thought he forwarded it.

I'll send you all the info you need Paragon. I find it interesting though that the accused here is still trying to create more trouble than he's worth. You'd think any spy with half a brain would lie low in such a case.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited April 14, 2001).]

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Guys, sorry, I haven't realize the whole thing is actually serious.

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] All the requested information has been sent. I await with interest your analysis of it.

8. Paragon Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Erran: I thank you for what you have sent, but there are some discrepancies. One of them says that Darpaek Identified the culprit. I have spoken to Don, and he has no idea what you are talking about.
    Also: you say that all your members have acted honorably, while we have logs from the accused that show differently(ICQ).
    As for letting the gaming community decide, I would most definately decide against it. It has been filed as a grievance with the Admin Council, and if it is brought out into the open before a descision is reached, there will be consequences.
    Do you remember the Karen/Aurora/Alain fiasco?
    Please keep it to yourself.If I see anything posted on a news server/web site about this, I WILL eliminate all guilty parties, no questions asked.
    We are investigating.Please do not attempt to interfere with an official investigation.

9. Koyo Gems: 1/31

raises hand

I remember the Karen/Aurora/Alain crisis...do I get a gold star?

quietly passes Pari an apple

[This message has been edited by Koyo (edited April 14, 2001).]

10. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] "... Joshua aka Diedra was a plant made alongtimeago. Don checked =
    into it, he knows more. (someone) may have violated the 'Karen' clause I dont =
    know."

I'm sorry if this was interpreted as Don agrees with my hypothesis, it means what it says, he's checked, he hasn't told me what (if anything) he found.

If I, of any of AORTA, has acted dishonourably send me the information and I will make a full apology.
    I will respond in public to public posts and in private to private posts.

I am content that this matter lies with the 'gods' of ALFA and await their deliberations.

(IC) You all know me here as 'Erran' I did not tell you my second name. It's Brockovich.

11. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I hope this whole mess is resolved soon.

12. Darkmoon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Excuse me? How am I involved in all of this? I have not even been keeping up on the boards and did not realize that I was involved until just now. ooc I am in the middle of buying a house, so I have been really busy, I have not checked my email in a week so I will do that when I get home from class in a few hours. Is this some kind of roleplaying thing or does someone really think I am a spy or what? And what is this about me breaking the alfa user agreement?? I guess I will read all the other threads that say something about spy in them.

13. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The only comment I shall make in all of this is "Good grief!" :rolleyes:

14. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] After voluntarily comming forward for questioning the alleged spy Diedra Darkmoon has been released without charge and without a stain on her character. Law enforcement militia talk of an "amazing chain of coincidences"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.