1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The sequel?

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Divine Shadow, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Do you think it would be POSSIBLE to make a sequel? How do YOU think it should be?

2. GodSmacked Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] A sequel? I dont think so.

A prequel has more chances, but still slim.

I doubt any sequel could include the nameless one...

3. The Dude Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] A sequel (or prequel) would be great. I would also be very happy to see a game with another story but with the same qualities as Planescape: Torment (ie emphasizing on the story and on roleplaying instead of on combat.)

4. herf Guest

[​IMG] it could be about the nameless one trying to fight his way out of the blood wars and then when the blood wars he goes on a journey to (wherever dakkon comes from) to visit dak'kon and ask him to help him because he is still alive and therefore dak'kon is still his slave and then he goes and finds morte and then finds vhailor and tells him that he needs his name to bring justice on all those who have wronged him then he can go and try and find his name. its not a very good plot but its not too bad.
    and considering the first one went soemthing like this-
    find pharod
    find lothar
    find ravel
    find trias
    find a drop of ravels blood
    find the portal
    find the skulls
    find the immortality
    kill it.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ouch. There's more to it than that. And by the way, when the Nameless One brings Dak'kon back to life, he tells him that his debt has been repaid and that he is free, so that one wouldn't work.

Btw, you ever gonna finish that walkthru herf? Or at least the spells part?

6. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

Some unknown force is intefering with Limbo making it more and more unstable. Dakkon
    summons his old friends and tries to fight it. During the journey he learns that it is spreading to all planes. Not even the powers can do anything, but he learns that the only thing that could help him is the-man-that-has-died-a-thousand-deaths.
    But where IS Yemeth?

What do you think?

7. The Dude Gems: 1/31

A little cheesy in my opinion. It sounds too much like a hero-saves-the-day kind of story.

8. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Yes, those ideas sound like bad B-grade Hollywood pop movies they make to reap more money.

Trust me, if there is a "sequel", you wouldn't want it to involve the old cast because then it could be so much better. Torment isn't like Baldur's Gate 1, it's unique. Rehashing the old cast would utterly ruin it.

Instead, you would benefit from new better thought out characters and their sub-plots, totally new and alien. Seeing the uniqueness of Planescape there shouldn't be any trouble coming up with an original.

Oh by the way, some people have crticised that Torment is one big Fed-Ex quest. Hello, anybody at home? You're suffering from AMNESIA and you want to find out who you are! Not trying to become some kind of Mordenkainen the Archmage wannabe! So if a person must move around a lot doing inane quests (which further the story and "feel" anyway) then SO BE IT.

In any case, dream on guys. Planescape is not a popular setting and Icewind Dale sold more, so that should tell you the direction RPGs are not going.

9. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] You are right. My idea sucked. But what about the plot in BG 2?! Still I hope they'll
    make another planescape game. I love this setting. Or at least a planescape-style game.
    BG 2 just wasn't as good. The NPC's did not have as much personality as the ones in Torment. You never knew that Annah cared about you untill she told you. In BG 2 you knew it if they talked to you. In my opinion the party members should have had a greater impact on the story-line. Hm...what about a
    game set in Rasheman? Where you meet a bright young warrior named Minsc?

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ahhh Rasheman. The land where Giant Miniature Space Hamsters roam free in the wild, bless the little buggers.
    I can see it now: the potential in hamster-breeding adventure for budding Minsc-type rangers...

11. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Sigh. I just really wan't the old cast back.
    Excluding Yemeth of course as he's probably dead...But there is still much we never got to *know* about the other characthers which where the whole idea about my other plot idea. If they ever make another game I would like to see them back as NPC's acting in the same way as for example Elminster or Drizz't
    in BG 1 and 2. Dakkon could be an old and wise gith living in the seas of limbo teaching in the Art and helping people
    *know* themselves. Morte could live amongst the mimirs and give the new characthers
    "advice". Or maybe they could arrive to save the new characthers when they face a semingly unstoppable foe. So many possibilities. But now I *know* that torment should never be continued. It was a one of it's kind.

12. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

If anyone paid any attention in BG1, according to Dynaheir, Minsc used to be a pretty smart fella before his head wound.
    A prequel would be awesome for Planescape though, bringning you through the lives of the Practical, Good and Paranoid incarnations of the Nameless One. The main character could be that Archer guy who was in the Nameless One's party. Or maybe even Dakkon or whats-her-name-ghost-lady. How the Nameless One betrayed each of them one by one. Don't forget Vhailor too. :D
    Hey, this idea's actually pretty good.

13. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Minsc: " You shall not touch her! She is under my protection!"
    Dynaheir: " Minsc! Don't loose your temper!
    Rage only clouds the mind.
    Minsc: You are right. Gentlemen I say we discuss this as civilesed people.
    Red wizard: Die scum!
    Minsc: Keep away from her!
    Dynaheir: Minsc! Watch out!
    Minsc: What the?! Aaarhh!
    Dynaheir: No! Minsc?!
    Red wizard: Your bodyguard is dead witch.
    Prepare to meet your doom.
    Minsc: Where...am I? My head...all is blur...
    Dynaheir: Help me! There are to many!
    Minsc: Dynaheir! You shall not take her
    wizards of evil wrongness! Evil meet my sword! Sword...MEET EVIL!

Dynaheir: Come on Minsc. We have no time to look at all those wares.
    Merchant: Can...I interest you in a...hamster? They are very loyal anima...
    Dynaheir: Come on Minsc. We have little time.
    Minsc: What is it you say? You fought in the
    great war? Then you must be a great warrior.
    You could be...MY MENTOR!

14. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Another good thing in PS:T is that you couls talk to your party members when you wanted to and that they might teach you something. i liked that part.

15. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

A sequel could be made to Torment. Fall-fom-Grace tells The Nameless One that she will find him again, and Annah implies it, depending on how you played. Or if you were like me and played it several times, you know.

Some of the old character should not be in it, Morte for example and Ignus. Annah and Grace both could have very interesting stories to tell. Dakkon could have an interesting story too.

[This message has been edited by Bateluer (edited February 03, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.