1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The scariest game monster you've seen...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Malovae, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Ok, this is just a topic designed for spam, heh.

Basically, what computer enemy did you find put chills up your spine. Whethter it was the first time you saw them or every time.

Mine is the Dreugh from Morrowind. I personally hate anything that wiggles and swims and is as big as me.

2. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

The small, four-legged creatures from Half-Life that jump and attach to people's faces...

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The undead in the fourth mission of Return of Castle Wolfenstein, oh man I nearly wet my pants

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

urm i dont know what its called, but that shark-like creature that attacks you in the beginning parts of half-life, when you have no good weapons. it freaks me out bec all you can see is the shape zigzagging towards you and while in the water, you have practically zero mobility.

5. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The hammer haunts in Thief: The dark project.

They scared the sh*t out of me when I encountered one of them for the first time :mommy:
    And their voices are creepy too

*Join us! Join us now!!!*

:mommy:

6. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    The little things that bite your ankles on Silent Hill, they walk on their hands...actually come to think of it everything in Silent Hill scares me, I have only played the demo and that was enough!

It was a dark night I had all the lights off, it was raining outside, and I was the only one in my house...damn did I have nightmares that night! :eek:

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

The zombies in Resident Evil scared the bejesus out of me (I was still pretty young when I first played it) especially after my older brother decided to make the zombie noises whilst coming in my room while I was in bed. Mentally scarred ;) .

8. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I Agree with Dave, everything from Silent Hill, that game scared the sh*t out of me. I never made it through that game, I simply didn't have the nerves when it came out. maybe I should retry it, it might not scare me so much to day....okay it probably will :)

9. Sith Royalty Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The scariest enemies in a game have to be the Flood from Halo. Hell, even the cutscene that introduces them is creepy.

10. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I have to agree with Silent Hill. SH3 really made me nervous playing in the dark late at night. :mommy:

11. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Everything from when I first played the Diablo 1 demo several years ago. A computer game has never again scared me that much

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

The first time I entered the goblin keep in Might and Magic VI I had my speakers on loud. Those goblins make some crazy noises and when they attack you in the back they scream hard. I don't play many 'scary' games but that was my first '3d' game.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Ankhegs in Baldur's Gate. They pop up out of nowhere and slam your level 1 character into oblivion. Bah.

14. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Almost everything in the Ultima Underworld series of games.

15. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Yeah those head-crabs are really freaky, specially considering they believe in jumping on you out of nowhere and in droves.

I dont know how Enagonios had any problems with the snarks. Then again I just ran fast.

I found those dog like bots in Quake II to be the scariest. They too like to come out of nowhere and you suddenly find your HP being sucked out of your ass.

Also Prince Arthas in Warcraft III. Im playing him but its scary the way he has fallen.

16. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Recently from Rayman 3, these dark black indestructable creatures that say freaky things in a spooky voice. I run away SO fast when I see them, thankfully they walk slow.

All-time scariest is probably the Greater Feyrs from Dungeon Hack (D&D game). They move and attack extremely fast, they hit hard with good THAC0(around 30 damage per melee hit and you're soloing the game so HP is important), they are invisible when moving, and they are damn ugly when you see them trying to bite you.

I didn't find anything too scary in Ultima Underworld, Abomination. Maybe the floating skulls and eyeballs that you can't kill, but that was it for me.

17. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

It was probably the fact that I was very young the first time I played it and how you couldn't see things without a torch made it extra scary.

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Grue. Scariest monster I've never seen. :p

19. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

I gotta go with the Butcher, from Diablo 1.

"AAAHHH, FRESH MEAT!"

Then he kicks the ever-loving crap out of you, since you're only level 2, 3 tops if it's your first time through the game. :p

20. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The Midwives from System Shock 2.

Silent Hill (I've only played the first one) was creepy as hell as well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.