1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Saddest Thing You Could Ever Do

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Yerril, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I think, the saddest thing you could ever do would be to...

Make a party in BG2 with all your work colleagues!

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Kick my cat out of the window. :eek:

But seriously: throw my school books to the corner and give up.

3. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

The saddest thing i could do? hitting my american history teacher would be up there. Id feel alot better afterwards but it would be sad that i couldnt hold my temper and that i couldnt go to school anymore here.

4. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] From Yerril's example I get the feeling that there he means a different sort of sad from the upset, cry sort. I suspect he means it in the way of it being pathetic - slang, commonly used in England (at least the part I live in).

5. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

SAD: Adj. 1. Unfortunate, pitiful or pathetic. E.g."Geoff's so sad, getting his tongue pierced just because it's fashionable."

Why don't we change it to " the nerdiest, most pathetic wienery thing you could ever do"? :)

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Most pathetic thing I could do?
    Hmmm, donate my life and money to SP, seriously...

7. Eze Gems: 24/31

Fall in love or in the mockery of it.

Or get married and become a slave.

Or get pregnant.

8. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] Tripping and falling over one of my knives.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lurking in an empty chatroom while I really should be doing a maths assignment...

10. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Going to sleep before 4 am. On that note good night!

11. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Lurk around the chatrooms all day long.

Oh, wait...

12. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hmm... play some game too many times and get really hooked in it. And spend all days, evenings and nights with it, without speaking to anyone, eating or sleeping. Then, finally, lose all friends, stop going in school, and live in front of computer.

[ October 12, 2003, 17:45: Message edited by: Harkle ]

13. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Surprise surprise, most of the things here are things I can't say aloud.

There's one thing though. Until the last two years, I've always been above the average in my accomplishments (not high, just above the average as that's my only goal). Now, I'm behind many of my previous classmates in studies, if not work. If I get in next year, I'll be 23 when I start studying. Needless to say, I've accepted the fact that I'm a sore loser, waste to the genetic pool of humanity, and nothing more.

Incidentally, I have a friend with serious depression who hasn't even passed highschool and is currently going for early retirement due to 'inability to do work'. I've seen what's happened to him, and I don't want to find myself in the same situation. So saddest thing I could ever do? Wind up a 30-40 yearold man with no wife and family, a lousy job and a nothing of a finished education except for highschool. I've already made plans for such an occasion, and I'm beginning to believe I need to use those plans before I wind up being alive with no self-respect at all.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    The saddest thing I could do?

End up as a fat blob with no social life to speak of, addicted to computers, sitting all day in front of one stuffing myself with junk food, doing nasty things to equally sad people via the internet.

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

The saddest thing for me to do would be to do the One Word Story again. :)

16. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

One Word Story??

The saddest thing I could do would be to get engaged to every girlfriend I ever have within weeks (or hours) of meeting them

** edit: actually, the saddest, most pathetic thing I could ever do is to be me **

[ October 22, 2003, 04:23: Message edited by: Aldazar ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.