1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 9

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Death Rabbit, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Da Roooles: A person posts a quote from a movie. If you correctly guess the movie it came from, then you can post a quote, and so on. Unless you are absolutely 100% sure you are correct, you must wait until the quote's poster confirms that you are correct before posting your own. Give hints if requested, however, how revealing the hints are is entirely up to you. You cannot post quotes from TV shows, plays, etc. - movies only. So that everyone in the game can play fairly, only movies in English are allowed.

Note on the Impatient Jackass Rule: If the quote game stands for 48 hours without a post (either a winner posting something new, or someone venturing a guess), anyone can "invoke the IJ" and start a new quote, regardless of turn. This is designed to keep the game moving smoothly. This can ONLY be done when the game is stagnant.

Have fun.

- - - - - - - -

We left off with this last quote from Keumper:

You're wet.

The most recent guess is from Enagonius, who thinks it's from Chasing Amy.

[ November 20, 2005, 20:09: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Right, can't think of a movie quote, so even though I *know* it with 99.999999999% certainty, I won't steal it from y'all.

First, it is a comedy, but no, not Chasing Amy.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Not Chasing Amy. It *is* a comedy, stop stealing my thunder, AE. :smash: Fleshing out the scene might help more:

Actor 1: (deadpan) You're wet.
    Actor 2: (naive) Yes. It's raining.

Any more of the scene will totally give the movie away.

Hint 2: The actor with the quoted line was also the King of Thieves in another film.

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

The Birdcage ?

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Nope. If anyone would know, I thought it would be you, DarkStrider.

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Rocky Horror Picture Show. God, I'm embarrassed I didn't know it sooner. Kudos to you keumper for choosing the blandest line in one of the most quotable movies ever made. :thumb:

That is...if I'm correct, of course...

7. DarkStrider

:bang: :bang: I got stuck on Robin Williams hence Birdcage.

:bang: :bang: thinking about it it's Riff-Raff when opening the door to Brad (dammit) and Janet (slut) and Richard O'Brien was the Thieves leader in that abysmal film Dungeons And Dragons.

:bang: :bang: Serves me right for always going as Eddie :)

8. Death Rabbit

Media:
    I guess I can safely assume I got it. Here we go, fairly easy:

"Okay listen to me now, because this is the last time we're ever gonna speak: I was your only friend."

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

this soudns so damn familiar...

Fear?

10. DarkStrider

Memento ?

11. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Double nope. Hmmm...maybe this one isn't so easy after all...

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I was up late and slept in thanks to my brand, spankin' new throat infection. DR is correct with The Rocky Horror Picture Show. The whole scene:

Riff Raff: You're wet.
    Janet: Yes. It's raining.
    Brad: I'm Brad Majors and this is my fiancee, Janet Viess-
    Janet: Wiess!
    Brad: Our car broke down on the road and we were wondering if there was a phone we might use?
    Riff Raff: I think perhaps you'd better both (pause) come inside.

13. DarkStrider

@kuemper whenever the word Janet is said the crowd shouts slut, likewise Brad with dammit :)

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

a bit early to ask perhaps, but this one is killing me.. :bang: any chance of a hint? :D

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

First Blood? I can hear the voice in my head, but the actor's face is elusive.

@DS - It's @$$hole for Brad, not dammit. ;)

16. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Hint: This movie is fairly recent, and most people who see it either think it's brilliant or that it's the stupidest thing they've ever seen. Rarely an in-between.

No, it's not First Blood.

17. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

A History of Violence?

18. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Neg.

19. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Count of Monte Cristo?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.