1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Bion, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

So, starting off from the end of TQG3:

"The strict lord Death bids them dance."

Hint: Probably the most famous appearance of Death in cinema (and no, this does not involve Bill and Ted...)

(@Tal: as no-one had started this thread, and as JSBB had passed the torch to me, I thought I should start it off...)

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I should know this one but for some reason I am drawing a blank on the title. I have the feeling that I am going to :bang: when I hear the answer.

Anyway, here are the rules as they currently stand.

Someone posts a quote from a movie (no TV shows, music, etc). If you know the movie it came from, and post the answer correctly, then and ONLY then may you post a quote of your own. Unless you're 100% sure you're correct, don't post a quote of your own until you are confirmed correct by the original quoter.

If it's your turn, you must respond with a new quote within 1 day (24 hours) to keep the thread going. Otherwise the thread may be hijacked by the next available impatient jackass.

If the person who's quote you've responded to does not confirm that you are correct within 24 hours of your answer, you are then assumed correct by default, provided no one else chimes in with the correct answer within that time or disputes your answer.

Using a search engine to find the quote is not allowed. The fun of the game is based on our love of useless movie trivia, and thus using a search engine to look up quotes you don't already know is cheating.

After you have posted your answer, feel free to use a search engine to confirm that you are correct but please do not post an answer if you have found it via a search engine. If you do not know an answer and decide to use a search engine to look it up for your own interest/amusement, please do not post the answer here. Obviously there is no way to monitor this so we will rely upon the honour system.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Damn! I was thinking Bill and Ted. Death.... I'll get it, I'll get it.

[EDIT: Is it the seventh seal?]

[ May 13, 2004, 20:28: Message edited by: takara ]

4. Bion Gems: 21/31

yes takara, the seventh seal it is!

5. Takara

Media:
    ok, here's an think piece:

You know what I do? I connect. I get people off!

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Is it Almost famous??

In case it is, the following is a softball due to my irregular visits here currently, if it's not correct, someone slap me for jumping the gun!

"When I die and I stand before God awaiting judgment and he asks me why I let one of HIS miracles die, what am I gonna say, that it was my job?"

7. Takara

Media:
    You are correct Aldazar. It was indeed Almost Famous.

Is your quote from the Green Mile? It sounds like Tom Hanks talking.

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It is definitely from the Green Mile.

Oh and I am still :bang: over not remembering The Seventh Seal.

9. Takara

Media:
    Given JSBB's agreement, I'll post one:

A good conspiracy is unprovable. I mean, if you can prove it, it means they screwed up somewhere along the line.

10. Rednik Gems: 21/31

That's gotta be conspiracy theory.

11. Takara

Media:
    I think I've got whiplash. That was quick! I'll have to make it a bit harder next time.

12. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Here:

Mr. President, please. Is this why you called us here? We already gave up! You won! We are too busy trying to perfect universal indoor plumbing!

13. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Canadian bacon?

Edit: 24 hours, no response. "Yeah? If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use your body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are."

[ May 17, 2004, 00:51: Message edited by: Wiegraf Folles ]

14. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Ughh. Sorry for not responding promptly. You did get it right, and I have no idea where your quote is from.

15. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

I love you...
    I love you too honeybunny

How softball can you get...

16. Takara

Media:
    Pulp Fiction.

17. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Yeah, you know it.

18. Takara

Media:
    Awwww! ;)
    Everytime a bell rings, an angel gets it's wings

19. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's a wonderful life.

Edit - this will be a tough one.

"You know, I always loved the St. Pauly girl. She's like this...big breasted, happy lady.

With beer.

Yeah! With beer."

[ May 18, 2004, 17:37: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

20. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Any hints forthcoming DR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.