1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 14

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sorry Blades, it looks like dmc beat you by a few seconds.

Your turn dmc.

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Char 1: Char 2, you know my feelings about arming morons: you arm one, you've got to arm them all, otherwise it wouldn't be good sport.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Hmmmm, I though someone would have gotten this. Not Paul's best work, but still . . .

Another quote.

Char 1: Sixty years old and still getting crushes on other men's wives. I would hope by the time I'm your age, I'm a little smarter than that.

Char 2: Can't hurt to hope. You sure are off to a slow start.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Nobody's Fool. It was a truly stand out performance -- it's remarkable that such a great performance can seem middle-of-the-road from Newman. If you would have quoted him talking about his parents I would have gotten it sooner.

5. dmc

Media:
    The first quote was from the judge -- I just happen to love that quote. The second one was between Paul and Bruce Willis. I really liked the movie, but when you compare it to some of his other work, it does seem middle of the road.

6. T2Bruno

Media:
    Don't ever lie to me, disrespect me, underestimate me. If you do, your life becomes a raging sea. But come to me like a man with your eyes open, head up, hand out; then I become more than a friend, more than a shoulder. I become the expediter of your dreams.

7. T2Bruno

Media:
    Alright, from the same movie, same character (played by Bill Murray):

My friend, Phil, he wants to join the police department. He goes to the station, and starts filling out the application. They ask him, "Mr. Scarangello, how tall are you?" And he looks at his right hand and says, "Uh, five foot ten." And they ask him, "how much do you weigh?" And he looks at his other hand, and says, "Two hundred and three pounds." So then they ask, "Okay, and what's your first name?" He goes ... [bobs his head from side to side, then]

"Philly." They ask him, "what are you doing with your head there?" He goes... [bobbing]

"Happy Birthday to me, Happy birthday to me..."

8. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    What about Bob? lol, total guess...

9. T2Bruno

Media:
    No, not What About Bob.

Bill plays a mobster. The movie has an excellent cast and one of the top names in acting today.

10. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wow...3 Chrysler Building-sized hints and no one says Mad Dog and Glory?

Clearly I've been away from this game too long. :heh:

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    Phew... your turn DR.

12. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Right then.

I'm really sorry your mom blew up, Ricky. Guess she won't be able to eat any spicy foods for awhile.

13. dmc

Media:
    Better Off Dead, one of my favorites from back then. (I never saw the Mad Dog and Glory one - any good?).

14. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

BoD - "I want my 2 dollars!".... had a little crazy kid as my paperboy growing up. He was a persistant, mouthy little s%!thead. Wish I could of gave him a demise like the kid in the movie.

15. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    lol, good movie! "He keeps putting his tesicules all over me, you know like an octopus..." :lol:

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  16. Death Rabbit

Media:
    You're up, dmc. Mad Dog was OK, not a classic. Somewhere between Midnight Run and Rocky & Bulwinkle for DeNiro. I know that casts a pretty wide net. :p

17. dmc

Media:
    Char 1: I'll go.
    Char 2: This is no time for bravery. I'll let you.

18. T2Bruno

Media:
    Should we change this to the Paul quote game?

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

19. dmc

Media:
    Well, it was on TV this weekend and that scene was on as I was going through the room, and I said to myself, "Self, that would make a good Quote Game quote."

So there you have it. Your turn.

20. T2Bruno

Media:
    I understand you have taken exception to my calling you whores. I'm sorry. I apologize. I ask you to note that I did not call you callous-ass strumpets, fornicatresses, or low-born gutter sluts. But I did say "whores." No escaping that. And for that slip of the tongue, I apologize.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.