1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quest for Princess Xixi

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Galus, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Galus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

So it happened that after i gained the 'Stories-Bones-Tell' ability, i ambled on back to the Mortuary. Among the many intersting Deaders i found there, i encountered a particular corpse by the name of Zhuang Bei. He claimed that he came from a different world... Apparantly he was both Protector *and* Tutor for one Princess Xixi. But a rival country sent two assasins to capture the princess. In the struggle to fight off the assassins they plunged into what he called The Jade Portal. According to his folk, however, this Jade Portal was nothing more than a beautiful pond - Little did they know that it was, in actual fact, i real portal to another world.
    So they fell into the portal and Zhuang emerged on the other side with a broken leg, in the streets of the city of Sigil. Here he quickly learned the common tongue spoken in the foreign place, found a healer, and set off once more to find the kidnappers. He eventually killed one, only to be killed himself by the other assassin.
    His duty unfulfilled, i told him that i would search for her in his name. Grateful, he acknowledged my resolve, but nevertheless told me that it is a fool's errand, for no less than 75 years have passed since his death. While the assassin would almost no doubt be dead by now, the princess might still have a chance of being alive. And with that, i left in search of his charge.

I scoured the Hive for anyone who might have any info on this Xixi, finding none who could help me. Eventually, i walked over to Death-Of-Names and decided to ask him whether or not Xixi has been penned in the Dead Book. His answer was no! Finally, some progress! Once again, with renewed vigor, i travelled the city in search for her, but to no avail. As an afterthought, i approached The Post outside the Gathering Dust Bar. On one of his arms, where Pharod's name was engraved, i carved an "X" into it as well, for the sake of Xixi, hoping that the Zombie would be able to magically point the way to her, as he did with Pharod... He did, but he simply points in what seems like a random and non-descript direction (wherever the hell that might be), which doesn't help me much.

I am at a loss for what to do next. What does this mean? Xixi is not dead, but i cannot find her. Is The Post trying to tell me that she is no longer within the confines of Sigil's walls? Is my desperate search all for nought? What do i tell Zhuang?

Is this even a Quest that can be completed, or not?

2. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I don't think this quest was ever implemented.

I can't carve anything into the Post zombie - which fixpack level are you playing?

3. Galus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Well, i installed the Official Patch (1.1 or whatever), and then installed Platter's Fix Pack. I also added the Restoration Packs, but only after i had started playing the game. I've heard that doing that might mess things up, so i'm not sure if that might have anything to do with it.

I did get some Experience Points for doing it, though :p

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

whoa. the only thing I did was talk to the zombie bodyguard. Had no idea that it was a real quest. Thought it was just some background color..

5. Platter

Platter Can I buy you a tankard or two, lad? Veteran

The bit with the Post was made by Ash and included in his Restoration Pack. It's not a quest in the normal version of the game. I don't know if he finished the quest or not.

Dave Maldonado;
    "That whole Xixi thing, for instance... I cobbled together those zombie dialogs over the course of a day because Chris was curious about how I wrote. They were a little... ah... well, needless to say I'm a bit embarrassed about them, now. In any case, I certainly didn't expect them to go into the game. I believe I got so caught up in the rush of things that I never considered tying them into the game any better, especially since the Mortuary wasn't an area I was in charge of."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.