1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The mystery journal of Idras Tombelthen

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Igneous, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

This thing is bugging me from the first time I went through this game...

When you free mazzy while doing the shade lord quest, there is a piece of paper in a pile of rocks in her cell. It's named: Tombelthen journal part 2

I qoute from the text in it:

-- clearing in the south of the area, placed carefully within a standing column of rock. These columns are common in the area, and this column is different only in that its clearing is surrounded by a copse of trees. -- Idras Tombelthen

And then he tells he want to send this journal to his family, so they can get what he left behind.

I searched all the rock piles in the shade forrest thoroughly, before and after finishing the quest. (the map changes from dark to light then) But I can't find a thing. Programmers joke? Where is journal part 1? Is there anything to find out there? Help me, it's driving me nuts!!!

2. Seric Exz Guest

It's part of one of the "ranger's stronghold" quests. Unless you are a ranger, and have a stronghold, it has no value whatsoever.

3. Igneous Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Thanks! Thought I was just an idiot who couldn't find a simple stash.

Never played a ranger before, they just don't fit in my playing stile ;)

4. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I am aRanger, but don't worry, you're not missing much. If you are the Ranger for The Umar Hills it makes sense when you do the quest, but it realy isn't much.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.