1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Motorcycle Diaries

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Newfie, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Newfie Banned

This was a pretty good flick for a foreign language film. Lots of laughs and a good road movie with a little bit of a history lesson as well to those who don't know who Ernesto Che Guevara was. Got some real atmosphere.

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Unfortunately mainstream cimemas over here will not touch foreign movies (even Irish movies count as foreign!), so I will have to wait until Qflicks thinks this will be fit for human consumption.

3. Newfie Banned

Gee that's too bad, Cesard but this one is out on DVD now. Do the same rules apply for home video as well?

4. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I am with an online DVD club which is pretty good for foreign movies, but Motorcycle Diaries is still not available. I have been dying to see this after reading the BBC review.

Our video stores (blockbuster etc) will not get foreign movies unless they make mainstream cinemas.

5. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

It's a brilliant film. I saw it last weekend and it is really moving. I found the subtitles a bit distracting (Spanish is my mother tongue :p ), but quite good...

6. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

An excellent film - I watched it last night, although i've been wanting to for some time.

Especially nice, since a friend that I went to high school with absolutely worshipped Che Guevarra.

Good stuff

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.