1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Magnificient Magic Store Mod

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Taza, Mar 17, 2003.

1. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It *is* overpowered but it seems like a cool weapon all the same.

I suppose one of the problems with all the weapons listed above is that, with the exception to the joke one I did myself, they could all exist. But put them into a game like BG2 and they'd just overbalance everything so much it would take all the challenge out of it, even on Insane difficulty.

Maybe if someone creates a mod one day that introduces a whole host of superpowered enemies these items could have a place in the game but giving them to any TOB party would make the hardest fight in the game a piece of cake.

2. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yeah, I'm fully aware that some weapons are far too overpowered, but as I've said before, I only use these weapons when I've become really bored with the whole game. That's why I never criticize anyone for cheating, that is unless they haven't gone legit yet. Picture Artemis Entreri with Charon's Claw and an editted Jeweled Dagger, wearing Grandmaster's Armor, blitzing through SOA and TOB. That is fun. Now, however, I've re-discovered the mod section. All hail the mods!

3. david w Gems: 19/31

Why not do a mod whereby you encounter Artemis Entreri in TOB - he could be trapped inside Watcher's Keep or maybe wandering around Amkethran - and give him every overpowered weapon you can think of. On top of that, give him half a dozen allies and give *them* every other overpowered weapon.

Then you'd be able to give the party all their overpowered weapons because in a fight like that they'd actually need them.

4. Blue Loon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Lol, the first post is from March 17, second from March 9. How is this possible? Would this information still be useful for Taza?

5. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It's from March 17 last year.

Taza is still around, though I don't know if he's still working on this. He was occupied with the SPMI mod.

6. david w Gems: 19/31

/off topic/

What the SPMI mod?

7. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

Sorcerer's Place Members Items.

There was a big thread about it; searching posts by Taza should bring it up.

8. Zephyr Angel Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think its still on going, but suggestions for weapons have been stopped... and I cannot wait for it to happen. Hahahaha..... :D

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Didn't notice this was an old thread. :doh:

10. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This topic seems to be going here, there, and everywhere now. Please stick to the original topic.

11. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] david w, your item really was a joke, because 3000% resistance is even technically impossible in BGII (255 is the theoretical maximum)

12. david w Gems: 19/31

Er... it was intended as a joke so if it ended up as one I guess I must have succeeded.

13. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Here's a simple one I have in Fierkraag's hoard:

"Righteous Anchor" [insert backstory about good clerics blessing for noble purpose, given to military commanders who led troops to fend off dragons, etc.]

A large shield with no magical bonuses to armor class, but with one rather nice special ability when equipped: immunity to wing buffet.

14. xar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I throw in just some ideas: no story and no precise details but everyone is free to take the hint and reelaborate as he wants.

I am trying to not to propose overpowered stuff but.... let's see.

Shimmering shield
    This medium round shield is so polished that can be used as mirror and this comes from its magical properties.

AC +3

Combat Abilities:
    Shimmering light 1/day: if you are outdoor and it's day your shield starts shining and reflects
    the light of sun directly in the eyes of the enemy you are attacking causing a -4 to his thaco; if it is a mages he cannot target you as with imp.inv. Duration: 3 turns

Spell Turning 1/day

Usable by fighters (no multi or dual) with at least * with in sword&shield proficiencies.

Stunning Shield
    This small shield is very light and robust, the ideal for meleeing hand to hand and giving a big
    slap on your opponent's face.

AC +3, no protections against missile

+1 DEX

Immune to stun

Combat ability: stunning strike 1/day
    For 4 turns, at the beginning of the round your opponents must make a save vs. paralyzation or be stunned for 2 rounds. Human sized enemy must make the save with no bonus, small sized enemy at +2, everything bigger than humans cannot be stunned.

Usable by fighters (no multi or dual) with at least * with in sword&shield proficiencies.

Maybe these two shields are quite powerful but since very few goes with weapon&shield I wanted to revamp this way.

Armor of elements
    These leather armor +1 gives few protections in melee but can be very useful against elelemental
    attacks (+20% fire/cold/elec/acid res). When you
    activate its protective magic you are immune to elements for 3 turns, furthermore if you receive an elemental attack you adsorb all the energy and you could release to an enemy making an attack. No multiple absorptions, last one overwrite the others.

Usable by guys in contact with nature i.e. ranger & druids.

Earthquake
    This enormous 2-h mace requires great str. to be used and it is very slow but it can release terrific blows.

Damage 1d12+4
    THACO +2
    Prof.:maces
    Speed: 8
    Requires str. 21
    On critical hit, enemy is stunned for 1 round
    Usable by: whoever can use a mace

The real gauntlets of blinding strike
    For 2 turns your strikes make the enenemy blind for 4 rounds.

Gauntlets of white fire
    For 3 turns your normal physical damage in converted 50% fire and 50% elec. Still you have to hit.

Then a comment: don't you think that there no interesting gauntlet for mages ? Gauntlet of AC X are not very useful in the late game, spells are much better to protect you casters. So what's left ?

15. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

I think you mean bracers, not gauntlets. Gauntlets are worn on the hand; bracers are worn on the wrist/forearm. Mages can't wear gauntlets because their spells have somatic components that armored gloves would inhibit.

16. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well I havent given this an especially large amount of thought but what about existing underpowered weapons you can't get until chapter 6 that people always complain about? Equilizer and Silver sword quickly come to mind.

I thought that it was a shame that the Equilizer wasent as powerful as it was good looking so Here's what I think Equilizer should be like, please tell me if it's overpowered or not.

Note: I dont have BGII installed at the moment and cant find the cd, so I cant look under SK for it so I'm sorry in advance if I cant put down specific details.

Equilizer +4 (SoA)
    Has all the same damage and Thac0 bonuses for each alingment with an extra + added.

equiped ability's

Since it's supposed to be a sword of balance it's unlikly that it would have a high bonus somewhere and nothing in anything else, so I'd say 5% resistance too all elemental, magic and physical damage.

special ability's

Each hit has a 50% chance of draining 1 HP from the target and transfering it to the target, for 5 minutes, this also heals damage to the weilder and and increases HP total for that time

Equilizer +5 (ToB)
    an extra + added to the +4 version of equilizer

Equiped abilitys
    the same as before only it's 10% instead of 5%

Special abilitys
    same as before, but it lasts for 10 minutes and not five.

What do you think? under powered? over powered? absolute crap role playing weapon?

17. david w Gems: 19/31

It certainly makes sense upgrading it to +4 or +5 because generally by the time I've managed to assemble it, most of the party have +3 or better weapons and it's just not worth the effort.

Maybe something similar could be done to a lot of other weapons. There are quite a few +1 and +2 weapons that I like but they get less and less effective as the game progresses because they're just not powerful enough to make it worth keeping them. A mod that would allow you to combine a few +2's into a +4 would be awesome.

18. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31

Such as the item upgrade mod for example?

Get a +5 version of Blackblood and Gnasher, make CS a +5, upgrade Mazzy's, Keldorn's, Haer's and Valygars equipment etc.

19. david w Gems: 19/31

Okay then, how about an expanded version of the Item Upgrade mod targeted at weapons that generally get ignored because by the stage in the game you get them, you've already got better.

Flame of the North is one hell of a name for a sword but by the time I get it I've generally got several better weapons so it doesn't get used. Same with the Stiletto of Demarchioness and a few others.

20. Alak Xarann Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Where in the game do you find the store?

I looked all over the read me but it didn't mention it...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.