1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The "L" Word

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by T2Bruno, Dec 11, 2009.

1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Coming into work this morning a local radio show was talking about the "L" word in a relationship. A man had mentioned in an email to the host that he and a woman (who had been in a long non-exclusive relationship) had exchanged the "L" word over the weekend. The man then asked 'does this mean we must be exclusive?' He mentioned they didn't discuss changing the current arrangement, just exchanged the word.

The women calling in were hilarious. With comments like:

"If he said he loved her, he'd better be exclusive."
    "If he loves her why would he want anyone else?"

I was laughing. It seem to me women don't really understand what a man means when uses the word 'love'. A man loves his sports team, his dog, and his beer. He loves his momma, and his best friend. There are varying degrees of love, only the most extreme are exclusive (such as with his favorite sports team). At different times, the word means different things. For example:

There is a huge difference between 'I love you' and 'I love you, too' -- the latter usually means 'OMGWTF! Just what do I say now? I know ... I'll just say ....'

When drunk, men say "I love you" to anyone who brings them a drink ... the waitress, bartender, male friend, female friend ... it simply means, "Thank God you've arrive with this wonderful liquid refreshment."

When really drunk a man will say "I love you" to anything alive willing to be around them when puking, this includes stray dogs and cats.

The first "I love you" means "I would love to have sex with you."

Stating "I love you" after sex means "That was great, I'd love to do that again sometime ... give me a few minutes...."

"I love you but I'm not in love with you" means "I found someone else and want you out of my life." (This was taught to me by the ex...).​

Please feel free to comment or add to the list.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Damn, can't think of a good joke for this. Curse the fates!

In my experience, there is a big difference between, "I love you," and "I am in love with you." The first can be said of friends, family, etc, and the latter is applied usually to relationships.

:lol:

3. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Should this be merged with the Tiger Woods thread :)

4. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I was expecting lesbians. I am seriously disappointed . . .

5. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Me too. :(

I'm almost disappointed enough to give T2 negative rep. As hilarious as your post was, it really can't compete with lesbians.

6. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Keep it for the MUG kiddies!

7. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I don't get the reference. What is a MUG? (besides something to drink out of)

I also thought the thread was originally going to be about lesbians.

8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Mature Users Group = MUG

And I KNOW what you guys are like! You'll start thinking about lesbians too much and they aren't even that much fun :lol:

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

WHAT?!?!?!? Blasphemy Silvery! You are messing around in the realm of the guy's bible with those words. Don't take away the dream please. Lesbians are awesome. Hot ones at least.... Bi-chics = tons of fun.

10. Saber

I never got the whole lesbian fetish thing... like Blades, I believe Bi-girls are much more fun (because honestly, what straight man wants to have a threesome with another dude?).

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    That's only for mature users.

The rest of BoM is for immature users. :p

12. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Stop saying those words Saber, you just made me shiver. Another dude?!:outta:

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Had this argument at university, the amount of time guys spend drooling over women who have no interest in them at all is astounding - when they then focus their attention to a demographic that NEVER WILL have an interest in them as well, it's just funny :p

As for my opinions on love, most people consider them screwy, so I'll spare you all :lol:

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Men always want what we can't have... :love:

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Just window shopping . . . Not going into the store, so who cares whether I can ever have that demographic or not?

16. Silvery

Media:
    There's a fine line between window shopping and ram-raiding! :lol:

17. dmc

Media:
    But the line is halogen bright and impossible to miss. :p

18. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

In my experience, estimating the attractiveness of a woman is done entirely without choice or thought. It is sort of like deciding if a strange food smells appetizing--does it matter if one is hungry?

As far as the 'L' word... Yeah, that is a tough one. Basically it means this: if for some reason we can't talk anymore, I'm going to suffer. Why would you say that to someone? Now, after the first few exchanges, it gets nice to hear, like a sweet little ritual. But... Getting to that point... Saying 'I love you' will often prevent you from getting to say 'I love you too'.

19. Saber

We can look at the menu, we just can't order. (Mostly because they won't serv(ice) us)

20. Silvery

Media:
    I think that love is never having to worry that the silence in your house is uncomfortable

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 30 seconds later... ----------

I am rather drunk though so don't take my word for it

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.