1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Italian way of life

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Iago, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

2. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[edit]Sorry, Wasn't in a great mood when I posted. [/edit]

:wave: Hey Aragorn. You guys are really that nuts over there?

[ June 21, 2003, 05:18: Message edited by: SoCo ]

3. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

LOL x35467584846785958!!!!!
    I can personally confirm all of this! :D :D :D

4. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

That was so funny! I laughed so hard! It's nice to know that Europe have some crazy people too!

5. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hilarious! And the music is awesome.

6. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

:lol: LMAO!

Very funny, but truth is, Greek people don't differ that much from the Italian(especially concerning driving, bureocracy and the qeues).

7. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Nice music. Wish I could visit in Italy someday -NOT because of the film.

8. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Italy is a nice country. Despite that video, which is exaggerated(I don't say it's not true, 'cause I've been in Italy but it's not that bad there).

9. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

It's certainly not bad in Italy. The people don't seem to be rushing from A to B, just to keep the company going. Italians seem to know better then most other Europeans how to live your life as relaxed as possible. Family and friends come before work, excellent taste in food, nice weather, a history no other country can compete with, unmatched culture, BEAUTIFUL women, etc...etc...etc...

One critical note though. I'm not familiar with the Italian Language. Of course i've heard it a lot, but i can't communicate with an Italian in his own language. I can however help myself (a little) in Spanish, which, to me, has a nicer sound, more friendly.

Don't get me wrong, like i said, i don't speak Italian, so i might be completely wrong here, but to me, Italian sounds agressive. Put 10 Italians in a room together for dinner, and when they start conversating, it sounds like they're having a HUGE disagreement. Like they're about to start a fight at any time.

Italians who read this will probably think i'm nuts, or don't get my point, but that's just how it sounds to me. Like there's always trouble. Does anyone know what i'm trying to say ?

10. Volsung Gems: 14/31

I know Italian. It does not sound that aggresive as you say, but yes, it is... a bit. But it is also a nice language...cheerful. :)

11. Jarel Gems: 10/31

Hey Pac Man, thx for the compliments!
    For what concerns the language, well, I've never thought about italian as an aggressive one...it surely can be, but it all depends on what you want to say. Actually, I think that italian has a pretty "friendly" sound, often loud and party-style (expecially with 10 people eating at the same table! ;) ). But you know, I think it's all about personal sensibility, so it's understandable what you were saying.
    Alla prossima gente! :p :D

12. Volsung Gems: 14/31

"Alla prossima gente"? That means: "At the next person"? Eh? It does not make sense. :confused:

13. Iago Gems: 24/31

There is nothing aggressive about the Italian language and the way Italians talk in my opinion. They just talk that way. That's it. And really, that's actually very pleasant. On the other hand, I wouldn't describe the pulsating Lombardy as laid-back.

14. Jarel Gems: 10/31

"Alla prossima gente" could be translated as "See you next time". :D

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Sorry to revive an old topic but I can't help it... If you found the litle movie funny your should see " Mambo italiano " I think it's the first Quebeker movie who made it out of Canada...! wee! Anyway It's a light hearted comdedy where, obviously, an Italian annouce his parent that he his gay. You should see it very funny

16. Eze Gems: 24/31

Funny as hell.

My stepsister was in Italy for half a year and she really liked it there.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.