1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Heart of a Demon

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sir Farivald, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Sir Farivald

Sir Farivald The Obsidian Cleric

Planar Sphere quest... I've gotten outside to acquire the subject matter, and well... two? TWO?!

By all the Gods! How do I defeat two big demons? The badass winged ones...

In my part I have:

Farivald - Ranger
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Yoshimo
    Anomen
    Valygar

We're all around level 10/11, and unless I beat these demons, I'm not getting out of the Sphere (which has been an awful sidequest, may I add.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

You don't need to defeat two, just one. There are others on that map singly, like the one just to the left with the mephit backup. A quick area spell will take care of them and leave the demon open to your "buttkicking for goodness!" :D

BTW, there's a reason you have to go out somewhere else and then come back for the Planar Sphere. Unless you're hoping to get it as your stronghold, you shouldn't be taking it on this soon. Good luck, though. :thumb:

3. Sir Farivald

Much gratitude goes to you, Felinoid. Victory was ours! We took some damage, but the quest is complete. When we left the Sphere, Sir Ryan Trawl approached Anomen, and he has since been Knighted. Excellent!

Another quick question, and a rather embarrasing one...

SPOILERS AHOY!

Some of you may know that at one point Aerie will finally lose it and say she's had enough of adventuring, and asks if she can leave the party. I was honour bound to let her leave, and she said she would return to the circus. Needless to say, I want her back (I have my reasons, and I know many people dislike her :p ), but she isn't at the circus! I can't find her anywhere! Have I er... lost her forever? :(

[ November 28, 2005, 01:29: Message edited by: Sir Farivald ]

4. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Oh dear, my good honored friend, i might say that she is. I think when she says that she's tired of it all and heads back to the circus she just leaves. However, becaue i don't really like Aerie and have never experienced that! It could be a bug, but by now it would be quite impossible for you to fix it :( .

I must admit, I am quite intruiged as to wonder WHY you want her back though!

5. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

[​IMG] A bit late but for future reference ...

You had Minsc in your party. Beserk him and send him forward. The Tannari's gaze attacks won't disable him. Rest of the party uses ranged weapons to take out the Tannari first and then the rest of the imps.
    Since I have the Item Upgrade mod, I often collect all 3 demon hearts this way.

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I hate that part of the sphere quest. :nolike: I tried everything I had with 2 different parties and finally just CLUA the bloody heart. Bad pun. Go sit in the corner. ;)

I think also that Aerie is gone for good when that conversation happens.

7. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

killing the Tanaari can sometimes be all about angle of approach for how many of what it is that you face. Explore carefully and save often and you can actually approach the two in the middle seperately. They're a pain in the butt but good xp.

8. Sir Farivald

Heh, I want her back because Jaheira dislikes me, and I need some love ¬_¬

Ah well... onto the next possible romance.... which is?

9. Drow Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Viconia found in the goverment district and in my oppion a far better romance then the other two.

10. Sir Farivald

Aye, I rescued her and she's hanging around the graveyard. She's evil though, so it'd not go well with my righteous party. I'm going to play through it all again with an evil character next, though.

11. Fly2tHeSkY

I never actually fully engaged the relationship with Jaheria, does anyone know if it's any good?

Good for you Farivald! The romance with Viconia can get quite juicy, especially seeing as how the 'bad' choices seem to excite her!

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Jaheira romance is both cool, long, fun, and very rewarding. You get ring of wizardry, and 100.000 xp boost if you do it right. Plus Jaheira will get one spiffy harper item too! It is definitely worth the effort!

When fighting Tanarri or any other demon, Protection From Evil 10'radius works wonders. Free Action and Haste are essential. Bolt of Glory will bypass MR and hurt demons good. Magic Misile, although some may be MR'ed may ensure small amount of damage done. Summonings are good cannon fodders as well.

I have never witnessed such a dialogue with Aerie although I did it right once. I guess you said something wrong to make her sad and she wanted to leave...for good. :cry: Too bad for you, she is lost forever. Maybe another circus slavers caught her or she commit suicided by jumping off a cliff...at least she felt like flying once again. :angel:

And Viccy romance is very juicy and fun. If you have ToB you can redeem her lost soul, but you must be very careful. I am still working on it though.

Have fun with the ladies!

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

You get the RoW and Harper Pin whether or not you romance her. The only extras you get from Jaheira's romance are the bandits and that beaucoup XP. :eek:

14. Sir Farivald

Haha! Most likely :lol:

15. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Err, sorry Kuemper, I didn't know that! :o

I know there is another RoW available in the game, but never knew about the other possible Harperpin. :(

16. Fly2tHeSkY

Oh Silver! Now that's mean!!!

But you know, it would be nice if she did, so then she'd quite annoying everyone! :D

17. Sir Farivald

Well I like Aerie, I think she's sweet...

Plus I empathise with her - imagine being able to fly all your life then suddenly you're stuck on the ground. Ah well. She's gone now :(

18. Fly2tHeSkY

Yes, how good is that! I mean ... WAT! :D

At least she won't be whining to you anymore!

19. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Don't get me wrong, I love Aerie as well, even I find her annoying sometimes I really understand her trouble. Make empathy, she is very strong willed to survive and live despite what she endured, if given chance she may even become a very strong magic wielder as well!

20. Sir Farivald

Admittedly she did start to get annoying at times - ah well, can't be helped

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.